Chapter 1

And I hate how much I love you, boy (yeah)

I can't stand how much I need you (I need you)

Hate that I love you, Rihanna ft. Ne-Yo

Jimin stared at the beautifully designed card that was clutched in his death grip from where he was sprawled on the floor. He didn't remember how or when he ended up here.

It had been two days since he received the invitation. A wedding invitation to be specific. Not just any wedding. The love of his life was getting married. And not just anywhere. In Venice, his dream wedding destination.

The room was colder than usual and it was dark just like his life was. The walls were bare of colors. A boring white coated the walls and that too was chipping away. He stared at the vacant spot on the wall that had once been decorated with prettiest things.

How long had he been crying? His tears have dried out now and the trembling in his hands has subsided. But the void in his heart remained. He couldn't bring himself to move from that position. Everything hurt. His heart, body, and soul.

It felt as if someone ripped his heart out and stomped all over it. But it was something he knew would happen. He had been preparing for this moment for so long, yet the reality was far worse. He wasn't expecting Jungkook to invite him for his wedding. But here it was, the shiny card with gold intricate letters.

Tears blurred his vision again and Jimin was surprised he was still able to produce tears. With great difficulty, he tore his gaze from the card and looked out of the only window of his bedroom. It was dark and he didn't know if it was dawn or dusk. He'd lost track of time.

His stomach growled but he was in no mood to eat. He was in no mood to do anything. Just like how he hadn't left his room since he received the invitation or hadn't even showered. Jimin hasn't felt this sort of despair since the first time of losing Jungkook. It was too long ago.

Seven years should be a long time to get over things, but the pain was still fresh and raw as if it had happened yesterday. He glared at the card again. The wedding covered the travel expenses of all its attendees. Jungkook must be really well off to pull that off.