Chapter 2

You completely know the power that you have

The only one makes me laugh

Sad and it's not fair

How you take advantage of the fact

That I

Love you beyond the reason why

And it just ain't right

Hate that I love you, Rihanna ft. Ne-Yo

Jimin met Jungkook in middle school. He was two years younger than him. They've been friends first and by the end of high school became lovers when Jungkook confessed to him after a sports day meet.

He didn't know when he fell in love with the youngest. Ever since he became aware of his sexuality, Jungkook was the only one who starred in his dreams. He had crushed on him and struggled to hide his true feelings from him for ages. Then one-day Jungkook had pulled him aside and told him that he liked him and wanted him to be his boyfriend when he was old enough.

Jimin got into college with a full-ride scholarship for dance and a minor in business while Jungkook was still in school. However, life was bliss. Jungkook was very mature for his age and always knew what he wanted.

Their relationship was a secret with only Jungkook's three cousins knowing about it. One of them, Taehyung, had moved to Busan for college and they were in the same year. Those years were wonderful and full of fun.

Jungkook was extremely possessive and could go overboard with his jealousy. He was stubborn as a mule and once he set his mind to something there was no changing it. He acted rashly most of the time and regretted it later, but underneath that hard exterior was a heart as big as his palm.

They always argued because of Jungkook's short temper and jealousy that irked Jimin often. Jungkook didn't like people getting too close to Jimin and the older had often told him off for behaving like a caveman. Jungkook would sulk for days after their fight and Jimin would spend those days trying to kiss it better. However, at the end of the day, he was his boyfriend, who loved him dearly.

As all good things came to an end, Jungkook's parents found out and were forcing him to leave Busan. Jungkook was sure that if he left then he'd never meet Jimin again. His parents would see to it. So he decided they should elope.

Jimin wasn't ready to leave everything behind. He worked hard for his entire life and he had just graduated when it happened. As a topper in his class, he already had a few companies ready to take him and was ready to move to Seoul if needed. He had a promising future here.

He even believed Jungkook's decision was reckless and tried to talk him out of it, even going as far as to work for both of their behalfs. He thought Jungkook was being unreasonable for wanting to uproot their lives from here and start over somewhere.

Jungkook's backup plan was to move to the United States where he had friends through whom he had arranged for a visa. He even applied to transfer to an American university and take entrance exams to a few despite Jimin's protests.

Jimin was unsure how they'd survive there. Unlike Jungkook who was fluent in English, he didn't even understand half of it. He didn't know how he'd make it out in a foreign land. The fear of the unknown and uncertainty had gripped him hard and made the decision-making even harder.

They had fought over this for months before Jungkook gave him an ultimatum. During those months, Jungkook had forced Jimin to apply for a visa and take an interview. Jimin was sure he was going to fail, but he didn't know what strings Jungkook pulled to get him through.