Locker room.

I love swimming. No- My mom loves swimming, I like to swim as long as it's not competitively. Unluckily for me, my mom only like it when its competitively. She wouldn't leave me alone until I at least tried out for my schools swim team. So I did and I made the team. As I should. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, most of my teammates are really nice. Except the captain. She only ever gives me a hard time, constantly telling me what to do, to pick up my pace, to do more laps, et cetera. She never gives me a break and I have no clue what made her hate me so much.

"Violet, Im running late honey, so I cant drive you today so just walk. Just be careful." My mom spoke too quickly.

It's way too early for this.

I muttered a quick "yeah okay" head still foggy from sleep. I have no clue what that lady was so jumpy about at 6am but I definitely didnt want to ask.

Finishing my morning routine, I slowly carried myself to school. Swim practice was early in the morning especially since I am more of a night person. Listening to music and kicking the rocks on the sidewalk I could start to see my school nearing. There she is, sitting in her white Toyota.

Jones. What a ridiculous name.

She was the schools popular girl. Ms. perfect. Gross. Pulling every guy she has ever wanted with her cute, no, ugly black hair with the two front pieces pulled to the back of her head, and her steel grey eyes, and her perfect face that could have been carved by a goddess. She was perfectly hideous and I hated her.

Me on the other hand? I am gorgeous. My brunette hair wasnt perfect, neither were my brown eyes, or my facial structure, but I am gorgeous none the less. Well maybe not gorgeous but I definitely wasnt ugly. Just maybe pretty enough.

Jones is the team captain. Pretty shitty of one if you ask me. It's not like I am better at swimming but atleast I didnt pick favorites. Whatever.

Entering the locker room I smelled the way too familiar scent of chlorine. It reaks. I hate the smell of chlorine. Reaching into my locker I grabbed my swimming stuff and swiftly got changed. Before I knew it I was in the pool. Alone. This was the best time. Before practice, when no one but me was in the pool. I knew Jones was somewhere outside the doors of the pool but I didnt care. As long as she wasnt by me.

All good things have to come to an end. Speak of the devil.

"Why do u always get to practice so earlier? Are you trying to show off or something?" She snapped while sending me a harsh glare obviously trying to get on my nerves. Here she goes.

"Not this again" annoyed, I turned around and started finishing my laps. The rest of practice went by quick. Coach showed up, Mike, another stupid name, just as bossy as his captain daughter. I think, no, I know that's why Jones is the captain otherwise no one in their right mind would have given her that position.

I stayed a couple minutes after practice too. Waiting for the locker room to clear out so I could change and do my business.

"So you come to practice early AND leave late? Come on Violet, I know you do it for me.. any excuse to see pretty little me, huh?" said she.

"You know that's far from the truth, Jones." I said, slamming my locker shut after pulling my uniform out. Turning to face her.

"Come on.." one step, "Are u sure?" two step, "Then why do u stay after? Hmm?" My body now pressed against my locker, three step. Her body so close to mine we were almost pressed up against eachother.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

No answer. What is she doing? Walking up to me like this? Staring at me? What is Jones doing? More importantly why am I not against it? I hate her, but I cant seem to move. My feet glued to the floor and my eyes glued to hers.