Chapter 3 Journal entry's

Chapter 3

Journal entries

Journal entry #1

Hey, err, my uh... My name is Issei , and this is my journal. So this is my second day of being disowned. It uh, it still hurts. When I left the school, I made my way back to this house and ate 5 peaches when I came back. I brought out those books I had with me and started reading them for the day; before I went to sleep.

I read both books; on making wooden tools and carving. When I finished reading them I turned in for the night. The next day I woke up before the sun rose. Lucky me. I layed there on the floor thinking about my life. Writing in this journal is probably what Is keeping me from- it's what keeps me sane, Yea....

Journal entry #2

Ok... I think I know what I'm doing. From the way I read the books; I'm going to need to have wooden tools, wooden nails and wood in order to start fixing this house. I'm also going to need to find a way to replace this hatchet. Ok, first, I'm going to get wood. I'm going to go a bit deeper in the forest, but just in case, I'm going to cut off a piece or more like chunks of bark from trees so I can know where I came from. I'm probably going to go at least two miles, hopefully nothing happens. Wish me luck.

Journal entry #3

Ok, I'm back from cutting trees down. It took a while, but I did it, I brought all three of them back. I think it's currently in the afternoon, I think if I'm looking at the sun right... Anyways, once I got back I pulled out the books I brought and looked at what I can do with trees. It wasn't really helpful to be honest. I don't have a set of carving tools. So I had to start from scratch. I got one of the thicker branches and chopped it off and started hatching away the bark. Once I was done with that I went back into the house and pulled out a pencil. On all sides of them I started to make a small hammer. It's really the only thing I can come up with at the time. Maybe there's more books in the library that I can find to help me make stuff by scratch. That'll be all for this entry. I'm going to start carving with this hatchet. Till then.

Journal entry #4

I finished carving this damn hammer. My left arm is sore. The sun isn't above me anymore either. I don't know what else to do if I'm being honest. Maybe I should read "A survivor's guide to living in the wild." book....... OK! Most of the things I read need tools that I don't have. The only thing that was helpful about that book was starting a fire with nothing. That I can at least do. It looks like I'm going to have to go into the town later, not today or tomorrow though. Wait, didn't Sona say the school can help me? No. I won't ask her for help or the school. This is my problem to solve. I'm going back into the forest again, maybe cutting some trees down while I'm at it, or just looking around.

Journal entry #5

Ok, it's the next day, it's morning. I just got back from my amazing discovery. When I went out into the forest, I followed the river deeper into the forest and found another abandoned house bigger than this one I've been living in. This place looks like it's from the Edo period. I even found a katana! But it's rusted so it's useless, oh well . The place looks even better than the one I lived in as well. There was even furniture in this place as well, even though most of it was broken. Some will be required to be turned into fire wood though. Nothing I can't replace. Have I mentioned that there is a place in the back where there's a broken forge with a grinding stone? I even found tools I can use to carve wood with. I believe they're called chisels. Thank god I found some I really didn't want to show my face in public after... Anyways! I'm going to go and bring my stuff into the new place I'm living in now.

Things to do

Chop down more trees for the house.

Go look for more food

Make a storage in the back.

Fix any damage/Issues around the house.

Fix the walls around this place.

Clear debris in the house and outside the house.

Learn how to grow a garden.

Get more clothes

A charger for my phone. ( I can charge it at the library and at the school)