Chapter 9 :Let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go

Let her go by passenger

With my office ruined I wasn't expected to be back until after the weekend. I usually worked on weekends if I didnt have anything else to do. But today Vicky had a shoot and Jay was probably with her. As for Alex he was away on some business. I officially had nothing to do. It hurt that they didn't visit when I told them what happened but I understood.

I threw on some shorts and a shirt. I was going to paint. It was one thing that made me feel like I am breathing, alive.

I pulled out a canvas and paint. Setting up my I pod on shuffle and started painting.

Tied to sallow heart

Why does he want to bring me where he goes.

Oh and to find out the reasons why

Its enough to make you wanna try for

One last night

This was my favorite song. I sang along with the tune. The studio was soundproof so Noone could hear my crass cacophony.

Ghosts and silhouettes

They take a piece of me they want it all

Oh but to wait in an empty room

With the feeling that is closing in

My hands started mindlessly drawing. Blue eyes, defined jaw, pink lips. I took extra effort in his eyes. I made sure to give it a tint of green. Long lashes almost feminine still masculine.

I had a dream I was dying

But I found nobody there

And if one last night is that all that

We've been given

Let's live it like we care

For one last night

His lips were set in a boyish grin. I looked at the picture horrified. I drew Nate! How could I! But it looked beautiful. His brown hair was tousled giving him the all American boy look. He looked so...beautiful.

But how could I? Nate should be the farthest thing on my mind. He was so helpful and understanding when I broke down in his arms when I saw my boutique destroyed. He held me close and I actually felt....relaxed. It was not sexual or pretentious it was...intimate.

But then all that flahes in front of me are all that happened to me after our break up. I was someone who completely understood Nate. But even I couldn't see his betrayal coming.

Meeting with Nate confused me. I didn't want to feel this warmth. I just couldn't. I painted the canvas black erasing his beautiful face.

The song changed and Taylor Swift's shake it off comes. Vicky always said that this song was me. I didn't know why. Sure I wasn't a teen but the tune was catchy. I lightly hummed to the tune while painting.

But I keep cruising

Can't stop, won't stop moving

It's like I got this music

In my mind

Saying, "It's gonna be alright."

" I must say. You sing like shit." the hairs at my neck stood up. Only Nate had that effect on me. I recognized his husky drawl. "But your cute butt Wiggling makes up for it."