Chapter 1

The Tale of Adoniah

Chapter 1:

["The only thing I ever wanted," Meyrin smiled slyly, his eyes sparkled with mirth but also was instantly dulled by the remembrance of a dream that won't ever bloom.

"Was love. I wanted my father's love, I wanted my mother's love. I wanted the prince's love, umm... the duke's love and I wanted everybody's love, even the Holy Bride's love. Call me selfish, but I only wanted love. Not the doom of the world, not fame nor recognition!" He declared as tears fell from the eyes that glittered with the colours of the sombre sea glimmering with the various hues of blue and green.

He stared at the magic circle beneath his bruised and worn out body which was covered with ice shards peeking from her skin, it was pure white with inscriptions and insignias decorating and showcasing the holy punishment that rarely arrives.

He was not punished by any human, but a god.

He was a criminal doomed for eternity.

He will be hated.

He will not be ever loved.

Liette also felt the wetness of tears on cheek but she ignored it. She has to complete her task sent by god.

"Do you regret it? And also, I never hated you." 

The crowd instantly became silenced as they heard a familiar deep voice penetrate throughout the plaza. Meyrin could not help but widen his eyes at the Empire's Holy Sword, the Duke Anzo Valdeen who watched him with peculiarity. 

Liette then stared directly at Meyrin for the first time in this day, but was instantly stunned when Meyrin spitted in the direction of the Duke.

"Regret?! Hah! There is no regret for the Lord Belladonna who wrecked havoc across the Four Holy Continents! I may want love but now after seeing my father die, I realised love is a dead fairytale for me! I can as well replace the yearning of love with fear so Duke, your love wouldn't change anything now!" Meyrin laughed maniacally.

"What a scumbag!"

"I almost felt sorry for him! That love speech was a waste of time!"

"A waste just like him!"

"I can't believe I almost sympathised with someone with dirty blood."

The commoners watching the paused ceremony of the holy bride could help but talk amongst each other.

"Well, maybe we could've been something in  another life. A life where you would have no choice to be with me." Anzo chuckled slowly at which had most of the audience react with comically horrified expression while Meyrin ignored his words, making him clench his fists. 

"SILENCE!" The Crown Prince Aedos quickly declared to the ludicrously assembled crowd.

"Holy Bride, continue the execution." He glanced at Liette.

Liette nodded and ignored the screaming Meyrin as she took her staff and chanted archaic spells.

"O! My lovelorn god! Heed my call! Your bride, the sky's bride who will deliver justice! Make the sinner of folly, Meyrin Noella fall from earth, once and for all!"

The white magic circle shimmered brightly as the holy bride directed her long staff to the sky then to the earth and Meyrin screamed.

He screamed for love and with a painful cry, numerous white lights formed holes in his body and made him disintegrated into thin air.