Freckles

The words that left Jack's mouth lingered for a bit as if they were fog. Ralph's heart was beating fast now, he knew he had an answer but his jaw couldn't articulate it. Jack looked the boy in his eyes and held his hand. "A nod will do, darling." He giggled a bit. Ralph slowly nodded, a bit hesitantly. Jack turned to him, putting his leg over the log. He pulled Ralph closer to him and put his hand on his cheek, smiling slightly. He slowly planted a kiss on Ralph's lips, more gentle than Ralph had expected. A few moments later, the pair pulled away. Jack continued holding Ralph's hand, his cheeks red. Ralph was smiling awkwardly, pink. He looked away before Jack stood up with him. "We should head back before it's dark." He chuckled and picked Ralph up, holding him like he was a teddy bear. "Hey! Put me down!" Jack laughed. "Nope!" He started running, laughing at Ralph's screams. They eventually got home, Ralph now flustered. "Piss off, Merridew." Jack sniggered and went inside, Ralph soon followed.

The birds chirped, the sun slowly peaked through the curtains. The clouds obstructed no light, the dewy rain reflected the rays. Ralph sat up in his bed with butterflies in his stomach. He looked over at Jack's bed, smiling at the sleeping boy. He didn't remember going to sleep once they got home, nor being in his bed. The more he thought, the more he figured it was a dream. A bit disheartened, he pulled out his journal and a pen, ready to write about it all.

October 19th

I just had the strangest dream. It was Jack and me, we went on a walk and he sort of confessed his love to me. He apologized for everything, he cried, it was odd. It felt so real- He kissed me. He kissed me in the dream. I was disappointed to wake up, disappointed it wasn't real. Why must I be this way? Why? I hate this. I hate how it all feels like it may be nothing. He probably will hurt me, no matter what he says. Oh- And I can't forget to hide this in a different place. He'll probably read it again. Though I left it out last time, he shouldn't have been looking through it for the hell of it.