Seven

☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉

Another midnight came, and everyone was asleep... except for you, as of now. Buns had woken you up by licking your face, then mewing innocently when you tried shoving him away. You sighed and decided against going back to bed.

Venturing out into the quiet Walmart, expecting to be the only one awake. Instead, you were greeted by the back of a 6'6 tall man. Ranboo hadn't noticed you yet, and instead was rocking slowly on the couch in front of you. He was muttering something below his breath that you couldn't comprehend.

"Ranboo?" You whispered, settling down next to him on the cracked leather. He flinched away from you, quickly shoving his mask and glasses back on.

"Y/N! Wh-" He cleared his throat, ignoring the slight crackle it held. "What are you doing here...?" He asked, looking away from you. You cleared your throat as well, and placed a hand on his shoulder. When he looked back at you, you offered a genuine smile.

"What are you doing up this late?" You ask, genuinely concerned.

"I asked my question first." He stated, inquisitively raising an eyebrow. You laughed and nodded.

"Well," you mumbled, leaning back and staring at the ceiling. "Buns woke me up. That's about it..." You laughed quietly, glancing at him. "So... why are you up?"

"Eh, couldn't sleep figured I could talk to myself until I fell asleep." Ranboo said, looking at the wall in front of you.

"About what?" You ask him. He looks at you, an aura of curiousness surrounding you both.

"All of this. The Infection, the Apocalypse, all of it." He said, running his hand through his hair. "It's crazy that everything happened in a matter of seconds, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it."

"I was near it when it happened. It was like an army rose from the dead, not leaving anything behind." You said, remembering how your parents fought something that wasn't there. They told you to run, and you did. Not knowing where else, you ran into Walmart, then the rest was history.

"I know... And man, if we ever get our hands on the person who started this, it might get bloody." He said, clenching his hands into a fist. You nodded, patting him on the back.

"I hope he dies with the apocalypse." You say, shrugging your shoulders. Buns came up and mewed in your lap. You started petting him on the head. He jumped down to go over to the glasses shop. Then you and Ranboo sat in silence. Not long after, Charlie came in ruffling his hair.

"Buns, why did you wake me" Charlie stopped mid-sentence. "Oh, that's why." Charlie sat down next to you and Ranboo.

"Apparently the cat understands when someone is stressed." You say, glaring at Ranboo, who put his hands up in defeat.

"I don't blame him, honestly." Charlie agreed. Buns came up and sat on your lap once again to let you pet him.

"I never said I wasn't with him, just with the cat." You said, looking at Buns. Both of them turned their heads away from you, jealous that you chose a cat over them. You weren't bothered and continued petting Buns until you fell asleep.

☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉