5

a/n: fuckin hell dude i m . I WAS THINKING I SHOULD JUST DELETE THIS STORY and THENNN them comments came along and now i dont want to anymore :]

even thuogh i dont know where the shit this is going

=======

Ranboo woke up feeling very warm. He was hugging something or other, and he thought nothing of it; he'd probably snagged his pillow.

Yawning slightly, Ranboo hugged the pillow closer to him, adjusting his head so it was nearer to the pillow and curling his legs slightly.

The feeling of someone else's legs didn't register in his foggy brain.

When Ranboo woke up for the second time, he was wide awake.

Because his brain had begun to scream that something was wrong.

Now, the situation could not necessarily be described as wrong; in fact, if one were to ask Ranboo, he would immediately answer that this was perfectly acceptable, beyond acceptable. He'd even go so far as to declare this right.

However, it was a bit...surprising.

Because Ranboo's face was half in Tubbo's hair (it smelled like shampoo and was very soft). And his arms were wrapped around Tubbo's body. And one of his legs was swung over Tubbo's.

They. They were in the same bed.

And Tubbo was right next to him.

And Tubbo had his arms wrapped around Ranboo's torso.

Ranboo's first, instinctual reaction was to kiss the mop of brown hair that his face was nestled in and keep quiet.

Unfortunately, his brain skipped past that reaction and he squeaked in shock.

Immediately, Tubbo's eyes shot open. Ranboo could feel Tubbo's eyelashes on his chest, even through his soft hoodie.

"Um."

Tubbo sounded equally surprised.

Ranboo did not dare to breathe.

He could tell by the arms around his torso that Tubbo wasn't either.

Now, Tubbo was a little shocked.

Not that he was beside Ranboo--he remembered that. He was a very light sleeper, especially with the paranoia that came from Ranboo's night terrors.

Tubbo wasn't shocked that Ranboo's arms were around him, either; he'd been half-awake when Ranboo sleepily got even closer.

Tubbo wasn't even shocked that his arms were somehow around Ranboo; he had been hoping his arms would comply and stick to themselves, but here they were.

No, Tubbo was mostly shocked with how Ranboo wasn't moving.

Ranboo wasn't shoving him away. Ranboo wasn't screaming at him. Ranboo wasn't saying anything, Ranboo wasn't even breathing.

"H-hey," Tubbo mumbled into Ranboo's chest. "Perchance have you had a heart attack? You're not breathing." 

Ranboo's little chuckle resonated through Tubbo.

"I don't think you're breathing either, y'know."

Ranboo was going to cry.

He had yet to decide whether they'd be good or bad tears.

He could feel Tubbo smiling into his chest, and he could feel Tubbo blinking every few seconds. 

"I totally am." And with those words, Tubbo was, in fact, breathing again. Ranboo decided he would pass out if he didn't start breathing soon and sighed.

"Me too, I dunno what you mean." He breathlessly muttered.

Tubbo giggled.

Ranboo found himself smiling even wider. He was wide awake, but he really didn't want to let go quite yet.

The two laid in silence for a little bit. 

"We should get up." Tubbo's voice was so reluctant that Ranboo laughed.

"I guess we should." He agreed.

Neither one moved.

"Sorry for, uh, intruding in your bed." Tubbo murmured. "I just figured it might help. And it did, by the way."

Ranboo's heart beat just a bit faster. Say it. C'mon, don't be a coward. Say it! Spit it out! 

"M-maybe," Ranboo steeled himself and continued, "Maybe we should do this more often, then?"

He really hoped he wouldn't come off as weird. 

Instead, he felt Tubbo smile again.

"Maybe we should."