7

a/n: why did people comment "it's over" on the last one no its not im literally right here wtf u mean its over?? ?? ? ? ?? ? ?? 

-----------------------------------------

Tubbo didn't know what was going on, but he didn't like it.

Ranboo had locked himself into the bedroom that he and Tubbo technically both slept in and hadn't come out in 24 hours.

Whenever Tubbo knocked on the door to ask if Ranboo was okay, he would just make a small humming sound of affirmation.

It never sounded very okay, but Tubbo wasn't going to kick down the door unless the day ever came when Ranboo didn't reply.

There was a constant sense of panic whenever Tubbo thought of the fact that Ranboo might be hurt or sad and all alone in his room. And that was why he knocked on the door every half an hour, making sure Ranboo was still alive.

Ranboo never yelled at Tubbo to go away.

Ranboo never told Tubbo to leave him alone.

Ranboo never said anything.

Just went "mhm" when Tubbo asked if he was okay and then went back to complete silence.

Tommy had been scheduled to come over that day, and so he strolled into the hallway after being let in by someone in Tubbo's family and paused at the sight before him.

Tubbo was leaning against Ranboo's door, curled up with his knees tucked beneath his chin and his arms around himself.

He was breathing quietly. Clearly not asleep, but clearly not totally awake, either.

Almost out of instinct, Tubbo jolted upright and twisted around towards the door, not seeing Tommy.

Three knocks upon the door.

"Are you...are you okay?" Tubbo sounded so worn out, so tired.

A small sound of affirmation from inside the room was all. Then Tubbo went back to his self-comforting pose.

Tommy padded over to where Tubbo sat and set himself down beside his best friend, wrapping an arm around Tubbo's shoulders.

Tubbo didn't make a sound.

Tommy bumped his head against the door.

"Here when you're ready to come outta there, Ranboo." He murmured.

There was a small sound of affirmation again.

Tommy and Tubbo kept each other awake over the next 24 hours, too.

Waiting.

Patience was no longer a concept to either of them. Tommy would have to go home eventually, but Tubbo would wait a million years for Ranboo.

All he could do was hope Ranboo was okay.