74: Get Out

"Hahan, Yetunde, I only asked you a small question," Akin whispered.

Yetunde pulled her hand away from his. He was not her target. He just happened to be the unfortunate human being between her and Romola.

"Sir, please do something about this."

"You do not use such language as b**ch in my class."

"I'm sorry sir but she," Yetunde pointed at Romola. "needs to leave this seat or you will need to move me sir."

"What are you talking about? I haven't said a word since I came here." Romola said.

"Lie. Lie. You and Akin are sharing answers."

"Yetunde?" Akin called.

The lecturer pointed at him. "Get out of my class."

"Sir, I didn't do anything."

"And you too, BBC, don't think I didn't see you talking to that boy. Get out."

Yetunde's jaw dropped. She wanted Romola kicked out of the class but she was the one who got kicked out instead.

The injustice.

"But sir?"

"Why do you want to implicate her? I can believe that Akin will cheat but not Romola. She is the one of the few students who actually know why they are in school."

"Do you think you know her?" Yetunde gritted her teeth. "She is a prostitute."

"That's enough. Get out. And if you accidentally step into this class for the next two weeks, you will accidentally fail my course."

Yetunde's lips quivered. She struggled to hold back tears as she grabbed her stationery off the table. She glared at Romola.

"Don't worry, I will still make you pay."

Romola eyed her, a self righteous smile dancing on her dark skinned face. Yetunde stormed out of the class hissing.

How could Romola return to class after the beating she received at the apartment? She'd expected that Romola's mother to cause permanent damage to the girl but all Romola had were a couple of bruises. The girl was prouder than before. How had that happened? As long as Romola remained normal, there was still a chance for her to get back with Olumide. She'd heard too many stories of prostitutes changing because of the men they loved but she would not let Romola join that league.

※※※※※※※※※※※※

Yetunde mused on several- mostly impossible- ways to destroy Romola on her way to Olumide's house that weekend. She got to his door wearing a bitter look. The only options she had was either to poison Romola or encourage Olumide to leave Nigeria forever. She wanted Romola to suffer. None of those options would help her achieve that.

She knocked on his door. There was no answer but he was home. Dami had told her so. Her stupid brother, even though he'd fought with Olumide about Romola, was the only one who pitied that thief. Olumide was still undecided about his feelings towards Romola and Yetunde was more than ready to change his mind. She pushed the door and it gave way.

"Hey," She began as she crossed over the tiles to his body on the couch. His eyes were closed and his arm rested against his forehead. She peered at his unshaven chin. He was visibly thinner than he'd been at the house-warming. Her brow furrowed as she remembered Dami mentioning that Olumide refused to eat. What exactly had Romola done to make Olumide crave her?

Her eyes strolled down to his light pink lips. She traced the length of his lips with her nails and bent her head to his.

"Romola?" His eyes flew open with a questioning gaze.

She froze, her heart pounding in her chest. She straightened and plastered a smile on her face.

He frowned. "Oh, its you."

"Any problem?"

"No." He stretched his arms.

She waited for him to chastise her for almost kissing him.

"How did you get in?"

"The door was open. I knocked and you didn't answer.'

"Why are you here?"

"I came to check on you. Dami said you haven't been eating."

"He's over reacting."

"When are you moving into your own house? I want to help you pack."

"After the scene you caused, it would be bad juju to go back there. I gave it to my sister. She'll need it more than I do."

"You can't blame me for what happened at your house. That was Romola's fault. Do you know that she was sent out of her class for cheating during a test? That prostitute."

"She's not a prostitute."

"But she is. After all the evidence I've shown you, you should believe me."

"I should believe you?" He sneered. "You wouldn't even admit that you were taking drugs. You are Romola deserve each other. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Please don't forget to comment, vote and share. I particularly love reading your comments.