Kitten and Mischief

I nip at his bottom lip moving my hand from his cheek to his hair, enjoying the taste of his lips against mine. Moving to my tippy toes to keep up with the movements of our lips.

I let out a sigh against his lips as he moves one his hand to my hip. I groan pulling away just enough to whisper. "Mischief.."

He smiles dipping his head just a bit to look at me as I flutter my eyes open. "I have to finish what I was doing.."

He strokes my cheek with the back of his hand, and I smile softly. Dropping back down, pushing his body away from mine just enough to duck under his arm.

I look back at him walking backwards biting my bottom lip as I smile. "I'm sorry." I whisper to him. He seems in shock, but flashes that grin I know all too well.

I spin around running down the hall to the medbay then continuing inside to see it occupied by its usual occupant.

He's awake now, but his eyes are closed.

I pull one of the chairs up beside his chair sitting on it studying his features.

I open the file looking at one of the photos pulling it out comparing it to him, as I do his eyes flutter open.

I roll on the chair to the counter not realizing he'd opened his eyes.

"What'd I miss, Doll?" He asks in a deep raspy voice making me jump a little then turning to him.

"I think you're 70 years too late for that pet name." I answer back, moving closer again.

He laughs at it locking eyes with me again. "W-Who are you?" I stutter as his eyes catch me off guard.

Piercing blue eyes, seeing right into my soul as he speaks. "James 'Bucky' Barnes."

I feel my chest tighten at the sound of his voice. Pulling myself together I roll back to his file.

Reading it over, seeing The Winter Soldier written every time the writer was referring to the newly named man, Bucky.

"You're the girl I was earlier today, aren't you?" He asks.

I turn to look at him, pulling my hair into a ponytail. "Probably not." I answer back coldly, knowing in fact it was me.

"If you're Bucky, who the hell is The Winter Soldier?" I ask looking puzzled.

He looks saddened by my question, I grab one of his photos showing it to him. "This is you, is it not?" I ask.

He studies the photo before nodding. "So why are you called The Winter Soldier, when your name is Bucky?"

He sighs swallowing hard, I melt watching his smallest movements shifting in my chair. "Because, he's someone Hydra put inside me."

His jaw clenches at his words, making me cross my legs. I look over the years again.

"How were you alive for all of these assassinations?" I ask.

He throws his head back closing his eyes sighing. "Ever heard of cryofreezing?"

I nod. "That's what happened to, Steve." I say softly.

"Yeah well it happened to me too, only they woke me up to kill not to safe lives. Like Steve." He seems upset.

I pull on my shirt a bit. "Hydra, made you this way?" I ask.

He nods keeping his eyes closed.

I point to his arm. "What happened there?"

He opens his eyes looking to his arm letting out a small laugh. "That, was also Hydra. But that happened in the 40's."