Introduction

This story takes place after the ending of the video game "Mirrors Edge Catalyst." The characters and elements of this game are not mine; they belong solely the developers EA and DICE. Only will the protagonist belong to me. A lot of these events will be non-canonical as it takes place after the game ends, meaning we never know what happened after.

Disclaimer: Some characters will be portrayed in a way that is unpleasant. I must remined you that this story is fictional and does not reflect the true nature of their personalities. If you take offense, I apologize but don't say I didn't warn you.

Enjoy.

Characters

You

Faith Connors

Faith Connors

Icarus

Irene

Despite Gabriel Kruger's death, KrugerSec would continue to run

Despite Gabriel Kruger's death, KrugerSec would continue to run. The reason being that his daughter, Isabel Kruger, had survived the collapse of the building and it was announced shortly after that she would step into the role of CEO.

Why then, was KrugerSec not going after Runners as much anymore?

Isabel Kruger is actually Caitlyn Connors. The sister of Faith Connors, a well-known and experienced Runner.

Faith Connors stepped into the role of leading the Runners after Noah's death. Her and Icarus were responsible for continuing to help people fight against KrugerSec and providing safety for others who wanted to go against the powerful government.

As part of a silent pact between the two, Caitlyn would continue to run things as normal but out of the fear of safety for Faith she rarely ordered KrugerSec to go after runners unless they attacked them.

This is where you come in.

A few months back, a raid by KrugerSec because of your parents' past involvement in the rebellion all those years ago left you without a home and a family. Your past exploits as a track star helped you avoid police for a few days before you went completely under the radar. After running around for a while, you stumbled upon what seemed like a safehouse. Apprehensive, because this could easily be a trap, you explored Zephyr Transit Hub for a little bit before finding the Lair.

Faith was right there, waiting for you with open arms.

And from that point on, you were introduced into the Runner life.

You quickly established yourself as one of the more reliable Runners as you breezed through missions and were helping disrupt the flow of KrugerSec. Week by week you only seemed to improve and by now, Faith was more than happy to call upon you when more challenging tasks were up ahead.

This one might be the toughest of them all.

Faith was trying to expand the Runner life internationally. The city of Glass was not enough as KrugerSec were beginning to turn the tide against the Runners. This left Faith needing to expand the resources available to them and establish connections internationally.

The technologically advanced South Korea had come into mind.

Faith sent Icarus out to Korea to scope out potential areas.

As of 24 hours ago Icarus was not on the Beat and could not be reached. Even with the help of Plastic Icarus was out of range.

Hence the want to set up a station in Korea for better communication purposes.

Faith could not afford to lose her second in command, especially after the loss of Noah. He was the only one she could trust with certain information.

Faith had to get to Icarus, fast.

"(Y/N)! I need you here."

I would've published this earlier but my technology decided to take a breather unfortunately.

AHHHHHH I'm so excited for this book. It is finals week so I'm not too sure how many chapters I can pump out but with chapters 1 & 2 to be published in consecutive minutes, chapters 3 & 4 nearing completion and multiple oneshots on the way, it's safe to say that I'm in for a very busy winter break.

Not just writing, I do plan on hanging out with friends and stuff but, I'm so glad to be back.

Remember to like, comment, and vote as it does mean a lot. Chapters 1 and 2 will be up shortly.

Take care, and see you soon!

ICW 11 out