Chapter 3: Finding Icarus

The minute you set foot outside the airport, you immediately sought out a taxi and asked the driver to drop you off in the heart of Seoul.

You wanted to start in the midst of everything before narrowing down your options to some more secluded areas. After all, the whole point of the mission was to find an area where there would be people distracting themselves amongst the busy nightlife.

Seoul obviously was the heart of Korean nightlife so it was a good place to start. Lots of hidden beauties over here.

A couple hours had passed and so far, no avail. You were expecting a difficult time as Icarus had a head start on you. Upon visiting district after district, there was no sign of the fabled Runner.

You didn't dare ask the locals as you couldn't trust anybody.

'Come on dude, where are you?'

You were nearing the famous Namsan Tower and decided to try your luck there. Given it was a popular tourist attraction, the chances of Icarus sticking out like a sore thumb were increased.

Lo behold.

As you dawdled around the outskirts of the plaza, you spotted a tall, toned figure with sunglasses so distinct there was no way it wasn't him.

You had found your target.

"ICARUS!"

He turned around and his eyes widened as he realized who that voice belonged to. You both ran to each other and embraced, not caring about what kind of scene you were causing.

You two missed each other.

"(Y/N)! Buddy! Faith sent you here huh?"

"Indeed she did. Heard you needed some assistance?"

"Needed is an understatement, it's been tough bouncing around hotels and stuff with limited linguistic skills. Swear my head was about to burst few nights back when I was lost."

"Fuck dude, that sounds awful...have you found any spots yet?"

"We can discuss that inside. There's a café nearby, come on. Let's keep this a little secretive."

As Icarus led the way, you couldn't help but smile.

'Good to see you again brother.'

The two of you stepped inside to a beautifully designed café.

Cozy was the word you immediately thought of as the layout was phenomenal

Cozy was the word you immediately thought of as the layout was phenomenal. The architectural aspect of the café was appealing in itself then the color schemes helped establish a welcoming vibe.

"Damn...where'd you find this place bro?"

"Literally just now. But Korea's blessed with having this kinda stuff all over the place so it's not really that difficult to find a place similar to this. Hell, I've spent about half my time unwinding or planning shit in cafés."