Chapter 6: Unwanted Encounters

Irene will make her long awaited appearance. Again, this is a fictional story and how these characters are portrayed does not represent them in real life. See the disclaimer in the introduction chapter at the start.

*YAWN*

"Unghh...ugh...mmm...what time is it?"

You looked at the clock in front of you."

"9:30? Not bad considering the jet lag hasn't hit yet. Oh boy this should be fun."

You got up and stretched, preparing to start off your day on a high.

You exited and went into the living room, a place you hadn't been in what felt like forever. A wave of nostalgia hit you as you took in your surroundings.

"AH! My beautiful grandson. Great timing, breakfast is ready!"

You smiled at your ever so energetic grandmother.

"Thank you grandma, I'll be there soon."

You made your way to the table as your grandfather was already there, munching on some kimchi.

"Ah, you're up! Come on, have a seat."

You duly obliged and looked at the dish in front of you.

A classis Korean dish. Bibimbap with a hint of spice, mixed in with meat. Kimchi on the side.

You took a bite and the feeling of pleasure took over. As much as you bashed Korea and had a strong feeling of contempt for it, food would always be a weak point for you.

"So, as you're back in the town, what are your plans today?"

You glanced at your pocket, remembering the corrupted credit card Faith gave you for your 20th birthday. Smirking, knowing your transactions had no consequence, you responded.

"Probably sight see and eat some local food. I haven't been here in a while so I wanna see what's changed and stuff."

"You planning on buying anything?"

"Hoodies."

"You never change do you (Y/N)."

You shrugged.

"Eh."

You conversed with your grandparents for some more, enjoying your time and the meal. Thanking them for the food, you got up, got yourself ready, and headed out.

Stepping foot into the city, you marveled at the structures.

'Damn...still not as cool as Glass though.'

Granted, Glass had the benefits of advancing a little quicker in society so they were able to employ a futuristic vibe pretty quickly.

You put in your earbuds, put on some tunes, and strolled around the city. You took in the sights, almost forgetting that you were here on a mission and not on vacation. You were stuck on how to start your approach as well, you already had a base courtesy of your grandparents. You just needed to explore some more.

You took a left onto another busy street as someone ran into you full speed, knocking you onto your ass.