𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑆𝐼𝑋 : 𝑃𝑅𝐼𝑁𝐶𝐸 𝑆𝑈𝐾𝑈𝑁𝐴

Credit: 99OARii

☾★𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝐷 𝑃𝐸𝑅𝑆𝑂𝑁 𝑃𝑂𝑉☾★

"Your majesty, your father has requested you join him for dinner." The servant bows as she speaks to Sukuna who is practicing archery. He shoots the arrow, hitting directly in the center of the target. He clenches his jaw, setting his bow down against the wooden fencing. He takes off his gloves, setting them to the side.

"Tsk, fine. Tell him I'll be there." Sukuna huffs and the servant nods, making her way back to the palace.

Since he was a child, he's never had a close relationship with his father. Devils are vicious beings, not the friendliest or most affectionate creatures. Sukuna forgot how eerie his home place is, the sky is red and the air is hot. It looks like a deserted, wicked land. But to Sukuna, this is home even if it isn't considered to be beautiful.

     He changes his attire, making his way to the massive dinning hall where his father awaits. The doors are larger than necessary with the gold pattering and a flattering crimson background are opened by the servants. He doesn't spare his father a glance as he takes his seat at the end of the table. "You couldn't have sat further away from me?"

     "You rarely wish to converse with me so what's the occasion? Don't waste time, father." Sukuna's tone is cold, his crimson eyes meet his father's dark ones. 

     "Heh... I see, you're rather sharp. You'll be married to that sorcerer prince very soon once he is crowned. It'll be in your best interest to be that boy's favorite. As much as I despise the reality of things, he'll hold the most power after this union follows through. Sorcerers, tsk, they're full of themselves—" Sukuna cuts his father off as he slams his fists down onto the table.

    "I tolerate enough of the nonsense you spit but I won't tolerate you slandering my fiancé." Sukuna growls, a protective glint in his crimson eyes. Such peculiar behavior, Sukuna's father is quite intrigued by the change. His bratty son has grown into a man, one full of confidence and seems to know what he desires.

     "Very well, I'll hold my tongue when I speak of your mate." Sukuna's father apologizes although it's unclear if he's sincere. "I'm only reminding you of your duty as the Prince. This is your home, these are your people. That boy who has you bewitched, his family, and his people are not yours. Remember where you belong. You're a devil, you're not one of them."

Sukuna's blood boils at the words his father is spouting, "They might be sorcerers but they will become my people too, I will look out for them the same way I know Megumi will look out for mine. You only agreed to this union to have more power, not because you believe in their fight for peace."

His father erupts into mocking laughter, "Peace? Have you gone mad? They are all naive fools to believe in eternal peace and you're blinded by a pretty face. Species have never been capable of withstanding one another, their blood boils while their eyes shine with disgust at those who are not like them. I feel similarly when I think of those filth you surround yourself with."

"Unbelievable. You're exactly the problem, father." He hisses with spite, "Megumi is not different from me. We breathe, we bleed, and we both feel. If you aren't capable of changing your insolent way of thinking then don't bother to show up at the ceremony. I won't have my fiancé's day ruined by you. He's been working too hard to have someone like you put him in a depressed state."

"You choose that sorcerer over blood?" His father questions in disbelief. Sukuna stands from his seat, his face void of emotion.

"Sometimes blood isn't thicker than water, father." He makes his way out the dinning hall, no longer having an appetite after that unpleasant conversation.

When Sukuna stepped through the transportation portal, his father was already awaiting his return. "You do best to learn your place. I have no use for an inefficacious child." His father's eyes are cold and narrowed and Sukuna swallows the lump in his throat.

"I think he took a liking to me!" Sukuna blurts out.

"Hmm. Gain the sorcerer prince's favor, Sukuna. That's all that matters." His father turns away, leaving Sukuna alone. The child lets out a breath even he was unaware he was holding. Sukuna huffs, slightly disappointed with the lack of conversation between the two.

     "Young Master, it's best you come inside." The servant suggests, gesturing with her hands towards the castle entrance. Sukuna scoffs at the servant, "I'll do as I please! I don't take orders from servants! Hmph!" Despite his little tantrum, he stomps his way inside. The servant smiles and shakes her head side to side, following after the young prince to keep an eye on him.