x. two birds, one stone

JANGMI

"You! You--!" A blonde-haired maiden pointed an accusing finger at me. "You dare talk to us as if we're dogs?! You are strong enough to wish for your end!"

"Oh, is that the dog barking?" I said, barely able to stifle my laughter as I played along with Luna.

Pretending to glance from side to side, as if searching for the supposed 'barking dog,' I caught Luna's smirk out of the corner of my eye.

"I think we need to report this to the hostess, stray dogs aren't supposed to be in here," I spoke whilst letting out a pitiful sigh.

I heard suppressed snorts and giggles from the servants and patrons who were watching the commotion. This only further infuriated the young misses in front of us.

"You! I will make sure my dad hears about this! You'll pay for this!" Screamed a brunette maiden, she wore a sly smirk as she added, "Do you know who my father is? He's the Prime Minister! Release us this instant!"

"Prime Minister, prime minister," Luna mocked, still not facing them. "Is you family's status the only thing you can display?"

"You--! Do you think you'll be safe after this? Too bad, both of you made the wrong move!" Their faces flushed red, not from embarrassment but from pure rage, which they had brought upon themselves due to their ill-mannered ways.

"Us? Made a wrong move?" It was my turn to speak and laughed. "You know, I have a feeling this is the other way around!"

My brows furrowed when I noticed the redhead was the silent one, she never said anything before entering and was only scrutinizing me like a hungry beast. I shook my head and ignored her.

"I want both of their heads as a present," the same blonde-haired maiden announced, a wicked smirk plastered on her face. Bold move.

Upon hearing her command, her guards quickly entered the tea room, seemingly prepared to commit some atrocity. However, as soon as Luna turned to face them, her amaranthine eyes glowing fiercer, the guards' eyes widened as they recognized her. They hastily sheathed their swords and knelt apologetically on one knee.

"You witch!" another brunette screamed, clearly outraged. "Who are you to make our guards bow before you?! You bewitched them!"

"Bewitched my ass," I muttered under my breath.

"Release us this instant, you witch! You've refused to give us our tea room, bewitched our guards, and dared to make us lose face?!" the blonde-haired maiden screamed again, wriggling her feet in an attempt to move.

"Oh, and why should I?" Luna placed the empty cup of tea, harshly. I can't believe how that blondie was still not trembling before her, I feel like I wanted to apologize when I didn't even do anything wrong!

"Listen little lassy, if you want a room. Reserve it beforehand and don't barge into anyone's room and claim it as if it is yours! Aren't you ashamed of the fuss you did in my Tea house?" She purposely emphasized the last word which made them widen their eyes in disbelief.

Luna smirked but she didn't stop there, the way her tongue works is like slapping salt in an open wound. "I own everything in this place, the servants, the hostess, the tea, chairs, chopsticks, tables, and plates, I own all of them. Even the floor you are standing on also belongs to me. And it's too bad you are dirtying it with your shoes."

The brunette parted her lips, seemingly in denial. "Shameless! What kind of lies are you spewing?!"

"Shameless, I love that word." I stood up, inching near the maidens. I was already so irritated that I want to punch their faces right here and there but I have no choice but to remain composed.