𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀

     A ONCE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE

for their daughter to become the crown princess and potential empress of shōsha, had shattered into nothingness, once they heard their child's response.

     the emperor's personal assistant — shirogane kōzō — had gathered the more important officials and the last two remaining ladies for the ultimate question: "why do you wish to become the crown princess?"

     kuroko tetsuya, emperor akashi masaomi's first — yet illegitimate — offspring, was crowned first prince even though his mother was never given a title.

     meanwhile akashi seijūrō, the second prince, wasn't given the crown prince title, even though his mother lived and died as the official empress.

     though since masaomi favored kuroko over seijūrō, it wasn't like seijūrō being crown prince would've won any more affection for himself.

     and that only explains even more why the emperor had decided to host this grand selection for his blue-haired son.

     a competition that included over a hundred girls; the most charming, beautiful, and intelligent in the entire empire.

     now that only two people are left, it has come down to the last of the last trials.

     "lady momoi, would you mind providing us an answer first?", shirogane asked, though it wasn't really much of a suggestion in the first place.

"o-oh, of course!! I wish to become the crown princess because I love his highness! honestly, crown princess is just a title, so I wouldn't even mind being a consort, as long as I'm beside him...", the pink-haired girl honestly answered.

everyone softly murmured amongst themselves, as the emperor seemed quite pleased.

seijūrō just kept his stoic expression, as he didn't expect any less. after all, he's seen the way momoi ogled and prayed to stand beside his brother.