𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍

     "HINA-CHAN! HOW DARE YOU?!"

momoi huffed, aggressively munching on her apple charlotte (a soufflé-looking dessert) drizzled with caramel on top.

     "I'm sorry, sa-chan...but his highness of the west wanted to keep it a secret. I mean, you can only imagine how bad it'd be if one of them found out during the selection", hinami smoothly lied.

     truth be told, hinami did feel a bit guilty lying to momoi, but in the end, it would keep her safe from seijūrō's wrath.

"by the way, I'm surprised that your parents had let you out today. I thought you said that they were narcissistic as—"

"they are...they've just been more lenient recently, since they keep thinking that the second prince and I are going to get engaged soon", hinami stated.

that statement wasn't completely a lie, though the real reason hinami was allowed to hangout with momoi was the fact that the girl was engaged to kuroko.

they believed that being friends with the future crown princess would be beneficial; how avaricious.

"ah, I see...so? is he romantic?? what's he like?? I've heard from rumors that he's not very fond of the opposite gender...or anyone for that matter. so how exactly did you manage to catch his attention again??", momoi asked.

though momoi was bubbly and kind, she was no fool. in fact, she was quite keen on things, especially when it came to sewing and repairing dresses, and kuroko.

     momoi even helped hinami revamp some of her dresses during the selection so that she didn't look as plain.

     "remember when we first entered the palace?"

     momoi hummed.

     "and remember when we introduced ourselves?? but because I was wearing one of my shabby dresses, lady fuyaki spoke up about it, causing her to be eliminated immediately?"