Chapter 11. Falling Apart

Morning 'Gotham City;

It was a chilly morning in Gotham as noise filled  the City.From protests demanding justice to police cruisers rushing in all directions with news and press vans not far behind. Arias was looking out his window at the Chaos he caused with a slight smile on his face. As he did so, Àpeiro spoke up.

'Your ways of dealing with people intrigue me, to think such a development could occur from very simple actions'.

Arias went silent for a moment before responding.

"We are a very chaotic race to begin with, wars  in past could be waged over the simplest matters. Such a vicious yet fragile race indeed *sigh*well time to see how our guest is feeling". 

Arias quickly did his morning necessities before heading down stairs. What awaited him came as a slight surprise. The living room looked like it had been cleaned and a plate with what he could only assume was food was  laid on the table. Harley looked to have recovered from last night but it was clear she was far from it so why the sudden eagerness to help around.

Harley's life had pretty much revolved around the joker with that gone she has nowhere else to go with all that is happening. Arias's expression remained neutral as he sat on a chair and looked at the food.

"Isn't it a little early to try and kill me? Besides the hotel has a cleaning service as well as food caterers so this wasn’t necessary.”

Harley remained unfazed by Arias’s comment and continued to speak.

"I was just fooling around in the kitchen and made it Mr. Boogeyman, give it a try you might like it"

Arias looked at the meal before him once more before asking a question.

"Have you tried it?"

Harley simply turned and acted busy while avoiding Arias’s question.

'She must want to lay low here...but joker could always call her and she'd go running back. Although it would be nice to have an attractive woman at my beck and call,despite her mental stability. There is a way I might try, although it could either end with the joker welcoming Harley back or breaking whatever little hope she has left'.

"So what now? with the news out you're no longer on everyone's radar. I take it you’re going to join joker wherever he is correct?". 

Harley seemed to freeze at the question but laughed and spoke in her usual manner.

"Oh he doesn't wanna drag me down cause of the heat that's on him so he told me to stay exactly where I am so I'll be here for...awhile maybe”.

Her body language was all over the place as she spoke unable to hide her sadness despite her wide smile when saying that. Arias however continued on to speak.

"Last I checked, this isn't his place to make such a call, Luckily for you I know where he is so I'll drop you off at his hideout later tonight, from what I know very few people know where he is in Gotham so you can tell him he shouldn’t worry about being caught anytime soon.”

Arias spoke quickly and bluntly before standing from his seat and preparing to leave. But as he did so, Harley finally decided to speak up.