The Story

I looked up and a pair of green eyes caught mine. The boy in blue. He smiled and asked again. I shook my head and he sat next to me.

"What are you reading?" He asked grabbing out for the book. I set it in his palms and he flipped through the pages and then at the cover.
"A romance?"
I nodded and he smiled.
"I love romances." He smiled and I finally decided to speak up.
"It's my favorite." I smiled back.
His smile was perfect. He had straight white teeth and he smiled perfectly.
"Yeah. You probably have a perfect romance story already." As soon as I said it I realized that it was the most embarrassing thing and I clasped my hands over my mouth. Luckily, he just smiled and laughed.
"No, I am waiting for just the right girl." My insides literally fliped. He didn't have a girlfriend. No no no! I thought. He probably wouldn't want to date me anyway.
"So,"he said handing me back my book "what's your story?"
"My story?" I asked confused.
"Yeah, you know. Your story?"
I shook my head. "I don't have a story."
"Lier!" He said shaking his head and laughing. "For example, my story." He opened his mouth and then stopped as if he had lost his train of thought. "If I tell you my story you have to tell me your story." I looked at him and nodded.

"My story. Let's see. Where do we start?" He laughed. "I'm the youngest of all 5 of the kids in my family, I have a dog named Jack and I lost my dad when I was 10." He looked up and smiled tears in his eyes. I looked back and smiled. "My dad left my mom amd me and siblings when I was ten. We woke up one morning and he was gone. All that was left was a note telling us that he was never coming back. I grew up with my mom and siblings like he never left. I didn't understand anything." As I listened a glistening salty tear dripped down his cheek. I scooted closer to Fisher and wiped away his tear. I froze.

Oh my gosh Mac! You just touched his cheek! You are so stupid! He's going to think you are so weird!

He looked at me and I smiled. He smiled back.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked.
"No." He smiled and brushed a piece of hair out of my eyes.
"Then will you go to dinner with me?"