The Crash

"Miss Panner..."

I looked up and pushed my glasses up from the tip of my nose to the bridge of my nose.

"Yes ma'am?" I pushed my maroon bookmark into my book and set it on the desk.

"Can you answer number three?"
Three? I had already read 36 pages of my book and we were only on three?

I nodded and grabbed my electrified pink paper. I scanned the page for number three. Right there at the top where good ol three should be was four. Then five, six, seven. No three.

"I'm sorry but, where is three? I must need new glasses. These ones where kinda hazy anyway."

The class burst into snickers. Some students were laughing quietly and some not so quietly. I heard a couple people say things like "stupid" and "she so dumb". They were calling me dumb. The girl who has straight A's since she was born. Never once had I got bellow an A.

"As I was just explaining to the class, there is no three." Annoyance left her mouth even tho she tried to hide it.

"Pay more attention, okay?"

I nodded and I felt blood rushing to my face. I must have been as white as a ghost. Now, I was as red as a tomato.

She continued on and I fell into my book again. Before to long the bell rang and like a heard of wild elephants, 36 students left the classroom of Mrs. Joans, leaving me behind.

As I walked out the door and sudden blur of boy crashed into me and my book. I tumbled to the floor dropping my book and my glasses. The impact of the fall shot the bookmark out of my book and into the crowd of people losing my place.
Stupid glasses!

As I reached out into the blur that used to be a floor for my glasses something caught my hand. It was warm and was blurry but looked tanish in color. It was a hand. Before I knew it my glasses where placed on my nose to reveal a boy in blue shoes.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked bending down to grab my book.

I pushed my glasses up to the bridge of my nose and bent down to get my book as well.

"Ye-" Right then our heads collided.

CLUTZ!

"Ow" the boy said rubbing his forehead.

"I'm, I'm s-so so-oor-y!" The words stumbled out.

"It's fine. Are you okay now?" He said in a somewhat joking mater.

I laughed.

"Yeah I'm fine. Sorry 'bout that." I frowned. I had just met a guy who so far knows nothing about me and I already ruined my chances of getting a date.

"Well here's your book." I had zoned out for a minute and now realized we had 30 seconds to get to class. I reached out and grabbed my book and the boy in the blue shoes walked away. As I walked away I realized my bookmark was back, not in my place, with writing on the back.