three

The second Eleanor Roberts' eyes saw the light hanging above her, her defenses immediately kicked in

The second Eleanor Roberts' eyes saw the light hanging above her, her defenses immediately kicked in. She shot up in her bed, squinting her eyes at the pounding pain in the side of her head, before a voice floated through the room.

"Relax. You're just on the helicarrier,"

Eleanor let herself relax slightly at the voice of Natasha, but she was still on high alert. She sat rigid, something she new Nat could notice from across the small room, eyes never looking up to meet her sister's.

Her mind was elsewhere, replaying events of the last few days, events of the past Loki had brought to life in her mind once more, unlocking them from behind her most heavily guarded walls.

"If you're wondering; no, I didn't kill anyone,"

"You didn't, but Loki did...he killed Coulson,"

Eleanor nodded her head, eyes never leaving her hands as she shook her head.

"Some god, huh?"

"So you remember everything that happened?"

"It's like riding shot-gun in your own body," Eleanor let her eyes trail over to Natasha's, who's eyes bared their entire soul to her, while Eleanor's remained guarded. "I fought it, though, as hard as I could. Loki kept me in the background for that reason, so sorry, I don't know much about the plan."

Natasha only nodded, arms crossing over her chest as she leaned against the far wall, her fingers absentmindedly still playing with the ring on her finger. Eleanor watched her from the side of her eyes, though she didn't move or speak.

"What you said...did you mean it?"

Eleanor laughed, which was not the reaction she was expecting. Her eyes trailed over to meet Natasha's.

"You wear your heart on your sleeve too much, сестра," the woman spoke, shaking her head as she looked back down to her hands. "I was being mind controlled, don't take shit so personally."

The room fell silent for a moment, before a scoff could be heard from Natasha's mouth.

"Well, сестра," she sneered back at her sister in Russian. "Maybe it would do you some good to let people in once and a while."

The room fell into another silence, each woman waiting for the other to speak. Eleanor's mouth fell open and then closed time and time again as she tried to find something to say.

"How's Clint?"

Natasha should've been surprised that the conversation had been glossed over, but she wasn't. That's what happened when feeling became involved or the conversation got serious, Eleanor shut her out.

"Besides from the minor concussion you and him probably have, he's fine," Natasha turned her back on her sister, heading for the door. "I need to go find Steve and Tony, see if they've figured out what he wants-"

"He called us killers," Natasha froze at the door, but didn't turn around at her sudden words. "I fought against the enchantment, the mind control, I was too strong for him to break me. Then...he mentioned Dreykov's daughter."

The words brought yet another tense quiet over the room, neither knowing what to say.

"How did he know-"

"Because he's a god, Natasha, he knows everything," Eleanor had swung her legs off the bed, standing as her sister turned to face her. Her eyes trailed down to Natasha's ring for a second. "He even knew about Yelena."

The sister's stared at one another, ones eyes showing everything, and the other's showing nothing. But the conversation could go no further before Steve Rogers opened the door to the room, clad in red, white and blue as Eleanor got her first look at the living legend.

"It's time to go," Natasha raised an eyebrow at him.

"Go where?"

"I'll tell you on the way, Clint's grabbing his things," those infamous blue eyes trailed to Eleanor, looking at her questioningly. "You good to fight?"

"I'm always up for a fight," Eleanor muttered, stalking past the two and out the doorway as she called out behind her. "Besides, killing a god sounds like a pretty good resume add on."

Steve's eyes followed her until she had turned the corner of the hallway, before turning to Natasha with a look of disbelief in his eyes.

"She makes you seem like a ray of sunshine,"

"Yeah, you get used to the abrasiveness..."

◾ ◾ ◾

Just wanted to get something short out since I'm leaving for the weekend and won't be able to update!