A Fire Relit Part 1

Narration: Sally sold cocaine by the seashore

Thoughts: I think the IRS found Waldo

Dialogue: "It takes about 2,600°F to melt steel, but the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell bucko. Now watch this drive!

Actions/SFX: *Equips spoon with malicious intent* *Slap*

----------------------------------------

The sun shined on the blistering hot Tuesday afternoon of California. With a whopping 114°F, most sane people decided to stay indoors with their office desk jobs and unravel while blasting their faces with a thick load of air conditioner. Some would crank the dial to 30°F, sometimes 25°F or dare I say 15°F for those who have the money to pay the electrical bill and still pay their girl those white Valentino purse bags. Sadly for the self admitted 'smexiest' firefighter in this crazy American state, he didn't have a girl, or the AC unit. Just an agitated group of fellow sweaty men who hated their job right now as all twenty of them were held up in their workplace.

Jack fiddled with the screwdriver, diving his nimble fingers into the machine to figure out what caused it to malfunction. In this room with all the windows open, a nearby group of men sat on a couch and a few chairs while watching the news. Jack tried his best to ignore their complaints as he finally pulled out one of the filters, revealing rows of wires at the sidewalls of the boxy hunk of metal.

A voice groaned, practically spread eagle to vent himself he said "Jacky boy, we. Are. D-Y-I-N-G. My nuts have officially grown another to sweat more from my body."

Another beside him with dark skin looked at him in slight disgust as Jack rolled his eyes and continued his work. "I think your gonna need to see a doctor for that." Voiced Brock the grossed one.

Soon enough the man spread eagle just slowly slide off the couch as his body slide across the grey concrete floor. While trying to absorb as much coldness from the hard stone, he let out in his Australian accent "Well if we just sent the AC to be repaired instead of FIXING it then perhaps then we wouldn't be sweating more than a sinner in church. Or we could've BOUGHT a new one!" His 'whining' called by the others echoing out again.

Another man named Juan who laid back in a chair with a tank top said "Hardware store closed, repairman won't do the job less than a week. Don't be such a puta."

"Yeah" let out another man with a faint New York accent. "Give our savior Jack a thanks. Instead of doing his daily task, he's fanning your sack by using those engineering skills of his." He growled out, just as heated as the rest. "And do you wanna waste our allowance on another AC and not get a pool table?"

Upon hearing that the floor man promptly shut up and held his words. Jack wanting to snicker as the entire group practically ganged up to verbally disagree with Zack.

Fucking Christ I need to get this done soon. The boys are gonna start turning on each other like a survivor in a desert who is grasping on the idea they'll find an oasis. I could use one myself to be honest.

Wiping his brow of sweat again he delved deeper into the metal parts of the AC. Commanding his knowledge from his prefrontal cortex to arise and bring forth his study from college.

Fuck. He mentally thought.

With the heat getting to him all he could remember was the hot days in his dorm also suffering without air conditioning.

"We're probably gonna die." He whispered.

"What?" Half panic replied Juan the tanned-skinned man nearest to hear him.