Why emily, why?

Author's note - Sorry I haven't been updating in a while, I've been super busy with homework!!!😭 ILYSM ❤️

Emily's POV
Well, to tell the truth, I've ditched Alicia for Mackenzie, the most popular girl in the school. Ally had been away one day and I had no one to sit with. Mack was really nice to me (unlike all the other popular girls because I was friends with the nerd Alicia.) and invited me it sit with her. Alicia would never have asked me to sit with her if we weren't friends and I was alone. It turns out the popular girls are actually really nice when you get to know them. Not snobby or anything like Alicia said. So much for listening to her stupid remarks. So I decided to ditch her. I wanted to make a new change, to not be called the 'friend of the dork girl' anymore. I wanted to become popular.

Alicia arrived late today. She got detention! That's probs the first time she's gotten it. She used to be the teachers pet. LOL. I snickered at her with Mack. We are so alike.
"Hey Em," she whispered to me. "Wanna come to my party tonight?"
"Really? Of course I'll come," I smiled. So this is what it is like to be popular. Parties, sleepovers and other fun stuff. When I was friends with Alicia, all we really did was text and call each other. Ugh, so boring.

When class finished, Mack stopped me.
"Hey um Em, the party I invited you to is going to be a really big one. So if you wanted to invite your brother, I'm all in for it." She said. Holy moly. My brother? I don't know how he got popular, but he is. He's such a dork at home, embarrassing me. Well, he has blue eyes and blond hair and fits in - but he could potentially ruin my chances of being with Mack and her friends. I decided to go with a simple excuse.
"I would love for him to come, but unfortunately he's out with his own friends tonight," I said.
"Oh, ok that's fine. It'll then be just us girls," she grinned. Something flashed across her eyes. Disappointment? Jealousy? Ugh, must've been my late night that is making me see that. Anyway, PARTY!!!