𝟎𝟒 the cyclone that brought us to oz

⊹⊱𝟎𝟑.𝟎𝟒 ⊰⊹
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐘𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐎𝐙 

"i get mad at things that i can't
control. it's a spiral effect in my
mind as if the world is out to get me"
sleeping through the end
of the world; puffhost

⠀⠀

            IF THE ACADEMY had been the embodiment of a nightmare, then Number Eight could've sworn that her siblings were the epitome of chaos.

They're disastrous, almost impossible to hold down, like a bunch of erratic children who had surprisingly managed to survive in the real world for this long. It was actually quite a feat, considering how Five always did say that they had the tendency to share a single brain cell.

(Not like she can do anything about it; most times were absolutely impossible to deal with.)

Number Eight had yet to handle all the turbulent emotions brewing within her and coming back here was quite akin to walking through a storm. It is only aggravated by how obligated she feels to fulfill her role; to be the Number Eight who helped them see eye to eye because usually, they were rather daft when it came to such matters.

And to add fuel to the fire, not one thing had gone right ever since they returned and she knows it wouldn't take long until one of them inevitably loses it.

Even so, the girl doesn't allow herself to waver. She pushes it all down because if she doesn't get herself together, then how can she even dream of keeping them in line?

Ironically, she also happened to be the type of person to live in her own lies, regardless of the way that she used to be the one to tell them what they needed to hear.

She pretends like she hadn't left in the first place, like it hadn't been long since they've been dead, like everything was absolutely normal— minus perhaps the urgency in averting the apocalypse.

Then again, neither of their siblings seemed to have any sense of time. And it doesn't help that she's pretty sure Five's was bound to combust at this point.

This makes her first priority damage control.

She needs to do something quick—

But first, she has to get out of her brother's clutches.

"Luther fucking Hargreeves, stop manhandling your siblings," Eight hisses, trashing around despite the man's monstrous grip. They hadn't let go of her during the entire ride back home ever since they held her down.

Apparently, stealing a gun around was such a huge issue.

(Honestly, she can't see what the big deal was.)

Reginald Hargreeves raised them not to use weapons, but for fuck's sake it was for self-defense.

(Jokes on them though, she has a spare pistol plus a knife or two she had already swiped from Diego. Not that she'd mention any of that, seeing how they freaked out from a mere gun.)