I'm So Sorry - Daryl Dixon

"Hey! Would ya get your head out of your ass and push?!"

"Would you stop yelling at me? Jesus! That's all you fucking do, Dixon. Stop taking your shit out on me!"

You both managed to push the door of the convenience store down and there was a brief moment of silence, and not the comfortable kind. It took a while before Daryl spoke again. Clearing his throat, he looked at you.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. Okay?" He sounded sincere, but you were way past forgetting this time. Sure, you may have a gigantic crush on this absolute specimen of a man, but you weren't going to let this one go. Not that easy.

"No, it's not okay. You don't get to treat me like shit Dixon! If I shouted at you the way you shouted at me, all hell would break loose!" Your voice cracked as you shouted. "I'm sorry for what you've been through, truly I am. I've tried to be there for you but you push me away, I try and help and you scream and shout at me and treat me like shit! I can't fucking win with you." You we're burning with anger. Realising what had just left your mouth, you quickly stepped inside and scoped the place out, steering clear of Daryl.

Jackpot. You shoved as much food as you could into your back pack but you'd need to gather some more people to bring all of this stuff back tomorrow, as there was way too much for you both to carry.

"Ya need a hand?" Daryl said quietly to you.

"No. I got it." You said blankly. A sigh left his lips as he walked off in a huff.

Various cans and packets fell off of the shelf near by and you both stopped in your tracks. "Wait here." He said, stretching an arm up to your shoulder signalling you to stay put. As he walked in the opposite direction, you heard rustling coming from behind. As you walked towards the noise, you suddenly felt uneasy, like something would go wrong at any given time.

"Ahhhhh!" you screamed. There was a walker trapped underneath one of the shelves and it was grabbing you ankles. Daryl came sprinting over to see if you were okay, and tried desperately to kill the trapped walker. Luckily you were wearing thick combat boots, so it was unlikely that you had been scratched. Daryl immediately shot the walker in the head, cause it to loosen it's grip and you to slip on the tiled floor.

Daryl kneeled down and brought you into his arms to cradle you. You'd never felt more protected.
"Are you okay? Hey, Y/N? Look at me, look at me, you're okay. I'm here." You could feel tears pricking your eyes and your heart was beating in your ears. Your breathing was rapid and you couldn't steady it. Staring into Daryl's ocean blue eyes for a little too long, you whispered quietly "Thank you." His face was so beautiful and you couldn't tear your eyes away. He stared directly into yours and didn't break away. He didn't want to ruin the moment but he opened his mouth to speak. But nothing came out.

You pulled yourself up off of the cold, hard, soaking wet ground and said "What is it?"

"I don't want ya coming on runs with me any more." He said sternly while walking towards the exit.

Daryl Dixon had just stomped on your chest, kicked you in the ribs and punched you in the jaw all at the same time. "Oh, okay." It took everything in you not to burst into tears.

——————————————

The ride back to alexandria felt like hours. No conversation, no music. Just the sound of the revs from Daryl's motorbike.

When you came to a stop, you jumped off of the bike and dropped the back pack off at garage. Speaking to no one, avoiding eye contact, you stormed up to your house. You were furious, and rightly so.  The whole neighbourhood heard the bang of your front door you slammed it that hard.

"What's up with her? Did something happen out there?" Rick said to Daryl, with a hint of concern in his voice?

"Nah, nothing." Daryl put his bike away and immediately followed you to your house, just as concerned as Rick. He knew what he said had upset you, but he didn't care. He couldn't risk losing the only person he cared for. The only person he loved.

knock. knock. knock. no answer

You ignored the knocking and led down on your couch and wrapped the thick cozy blanket around you, as you needed the comfort right now.

The next thing you knew, your door flung open, and Daryl was stood in the door frame, not saying a word. You shot up from the couch and stood in the hallway.

Wiping the tears away from your face you said quietly "What are you doing?" He didn't answer. He shut the door and started into your deep blue eyes. You could cut the tension with a knife. "Daryl. What are you doing?" He ignored your questions, and stalked towards you, as if you were an animal he was hunting. He wrapped an arm around your waist and put his hand on your cheek gently. He sighed deeply.

"I lose my temper at you so it'll keep you away from me. I shout at you because i don't want you to care for me. I'm not a good person Y/N. I didn't want to let myself care for you. Because if I let myself care for you, then you're another person that I will lose. And I don't ever want to loose you Y/N. Not ever. But, I do care for you. You're the only person I've ever loved and when that happened at the store today, I panicked. I realised I was putting you in danger and that it couldn't allow it to happen again. So I'm sorry. I really am.

You were speechless. Loved. He said he loved you. He wiped the tears away from your eyes with his thumb, while leaning in to kiss your soft lips, gently. You kissed him back, desperately. Pulling away from his hold, you put a hand on his chest and said, "Daryl. You won't lose me. I'm not going anywhere. As long as you're here, that's where I'll be. With you. I love you. More than anyone or anything in this world.

He picked you up bridal style and dropped you onto the couch, throwing the warm blanket over the both of you while you cuddled into his chest giggling. He kissed your forehead lightly. "Don't ever leave me   Y/N."

"I don't plan on it, Dixon. I don't plan on it."