Puppeteer

Epilogue

Ophion was born as the eldest son to Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy

Ophion was born as the eldest son to Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. Which forced him to grow up to be the perfect pureblood. As he got older Ophion always aimed to please his parents and he took great lengths to achieve that. Always excelling in his studies, making sure his spell casting was proficient and disciplined, and that he always held himself with the same look of superiority his parents often did.

He never got the chance to grow up spoilt. That privilege went to his younger brother, Draco. Ophion never resented his brother for being relentlessly coddled and assisted by his mother. This just fuelled him to push harder and get better.

When Ophion turned 11, he received his Hogwarts letter and was ecstatic. All of his hard work could pay off. His mother was happy for him, meanwhile his Father showed that same look of  indifference he always had and continued  his relentless idea to push Ophion even further.

When Ophion arrived at Hogwarts, he was in awe of the architecture. He was enchanted by the magical ceiling when he walked into the great hall. The four tables spread out evenly, housing dozens of beaming students. Every house looking as welcoming as the last.

He watched as his fellow first years got sorted into their respective houses. He watched the faces of his class mates fill with either glee or dismay whenever the sorting hat made his choice. When it was his turn to be sorted something unheard of happened.

"Malfoy, Ophion." Professor Mcgonagall calls out. Ophion steels his nerves and takes a step forward.

"Slytherin!" The hat booms. The hall is deathly silent. Ophion is frozen in shock. He expected to get into Slytherin. But so quickly? He never even traversed the steps that the first years were stood in front of.

Snapping himself out of his stupor, he turns on his heels and struts towards the Slytherin table. His heart beating out of his chest with every step. As if his steps broke the trance, the Slytherins all clapped for the boy, not making any noise other than from their hands. While the other houses and many teachers all stay silent, still in shock.

Albus Dumbledore stares at the boy with a bewildering look. His eyes filled with curiosity and a small amount of fear. In his mind, Ophion got sorted even faster than Tom Riddle. Which in his mind was a sign he was going to be lead astray towards the dark, Albus Dumbledore would not allow that.

With that signature twinkle in his eyes, he looked towards Ophion once more before turning to the rest of first years still waiting to be sorted.

What Ophion didnt know was that this feeling that Dumbledore had, would result in his Hogwarts experience coming to an end... not even a month later.

Cast

Lucky Blue Smith as
Ophion Malfoy