I

Chapter 1: Return

(Draco)

I'm sitting in the great hall ready for the opening ceremony, Crabbe and Goyle either side of me, and I couldn't keep the smirk off my face. Father told me some news before I got on the train and lets just say I am so looking forward to this year.

As the old coot rambles on saying things like "Welcome back" and "Love" or whatever it is he talks about. I just keep thinking about later.

"Oi Malfoy. What you smirking about?" Theodore Nott, a 6th year slytherin, asks. I just shrug him off.

"Well Nott, my father told me something special is happening at Hogwarts this year." I vaguely tell him. I can see this capture the attention of a few people around us but I don't pay them any attention as the door to the great hall slams open and that absolute buffoon Filch comes "running" in.

"I'd like to make an announcement." Dumbledore shouts as Filch continues to run along the hall. "This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..."

Filch runs up to Dumbledore and whispers in his ear frantically. I can see everyone either looking around confused, or looking at Filch weirdly. I just keep the smirk on my face which earns me some irritated looks but I couldn't care less about what these fools think. Filch and Dumbledore finish their whispering and Filch begins his weird run back down the hall before exiting.

"You see, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, the Triwizard Tournament." Dumbledore announces, causing some excited muttering to start throughout the halls. A couple Slytherins send me a surprised look but I just ignore them once again. "Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress Madame Maxime!"

The doors open and a flock of witches wearing blue robes come strutting in. I notices many guys all across the hall ogling at them, many of them from younger years. Looking to either side, I notice Crabbe and Goyle wide eyed and almost drooling. Disgusted, I turn away from the two. A few Slytherins don't seem to be affected, many of them 6th or 7th years, including Nott, who sends me a surprised look. Deciding not to play around, I tap my finger against my temple before refocusing my attention on the display.

Towards the back of the group, there is one girl doing ridiculous twirls and dances, and a ginormous woman. Huh, must be a freak like that oaf Hagrid.

As the display comes to an end, the hall erupts in cheers. Mostly from the boys, some opting to whistle also. Most if not all the girls from other houses are looking unimpressed while the Slytherin girls are politely clapping.