Chapter 1

Kate's POV

Alyssa and I were heading over to see Ross and Riker. (For the story Riker and Ross are a year apart in age). Ross is Alyssa's best friend and Riker is mine.

"Hey Alyz, hey Kate." Rydel says when she opens the door.

"Hey. What's up?" I ask.

"Not much, the boys are in their rooms." We both walked upstairs to their rooms.

I knocked on Riker's door and after he didn't answer I just walked in. I found him peacefully sleeping on his bed. Well that explains why he didn't answer.

I sat down next to him and waited for him to wake up.

Alyssa's POV

We were at the Lynch house and I had gone to see Ross.

I walked to his room and knocked on his door. I could hear him playing the guitar so I just walked in.

"Hey Rossy." I said sitting down next to him.

"Why do you call me that?" He asked.

"Because I think it's cute."

"It's not, please stop."

"Never." I say laughing.

"You suck." He says while giggling.

"You know you love me." I say with a wide smile on my face. :)

We sat and talked about nothing really for about an hour.

Kate's POV

Riker had woken up 20 minutes after I had arrived.

"Hey there." I say as he sits up. I could tell he had been crying because his eyes were red.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I went to see her, she needs a new heart to survive." He says crying. I moved over and hugged him.

A month ago Aunty Stormie was diagnosed with cancer so she hasn't been home and it's taken a toll on all her kids.

"She'll get one, Rikey." I say still hugging him.

"What if she doesn't? I need my mum."

"Hey, hey, hey. She'll make it, you just have to have hope." I say.

We sat in silence for a while until...

"ROSS GET BACK HERE!" We hear Alyssa yell from across the hall.

We got up and left to find out what was happening. We saw Alyssa run downstairs after him. We followed.

Alyssa's POV

We were just chilling in Ross's room, he was playing his guitar and I was on Twitter when all of a sudden he grabbed my phone and went running out the room.

"ROSS GET BACK HERE!" I yelled and ran after him.

I ran down the stairs to find him in the lounge.

"What are you doing with my phone?"

"Oh nothing." He says in an innocent little school girl voice.

I jumped on him and stole my phone back and ran to the kitchen. As I was running back past the stairs I saw Riker and Kate laughing.

I unlocked my phone to see Ross had tweeted from my account.

'I LOVE @Rossr5 SO MUCH I JUST WANT TO KISS HIM'

'IM HEAD OVER HEELS FOR @Rossr5'

"UGHHHHH ROSS WHY?" I yell.

"BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME!" He yells back.

"ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?"

"YES." He yells walking into the kitchen smirking.

Kate's POV

Riker and I were currently sitting on the stairs because we were to lazy to move.

"Kate. Why are you friends with me?" Riker asks turning to look at me.

"Because your the most amazing person I've ever met and you always know how to make me smile when I'm sad and I love you." I say looking at him.

"I love you too Kate. Thanks for being here with me I don't know what I would have done without you."

Not long after Rydel came into the room from outside.

"Who wants to make Oreo cupcakes with me?" She asked. Riker immediately got up and I followed.

"Okay. We need the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, milk and Oreo's." Rydel says looking at us.

Ross and Alyssa were watching us bake from the breakfast bar.

By the time we were finished there was flour all over that ground and us and cupcake mixture all over our faces.

"Wow. What happened here?" Rocky asks walking in. I grabbed some flour in my hand and walked over the him with my hands behind my back so he couldn't see it coming.

"Oh nothing. Just this." I say throwing flour at him.

"You didn't."

"I did indeed Rocky monster." I say running away and hiding behind Riker.

I'm surprised he didn't do anything. About 30 minutes later we had cleaned up and we were sitting at the table playing cards and eating cupcakes when Ryland and Mark got home.

"Hey girls." Mark says.

"Hey Uncle Mark." We say in unison.

We continued playing cards until Uncle Mark came in and asked us if we were staying for tea which of course we agreed.