| Prolouge |

Moonlight filtered through the four birch trees and spilled into the clearing. A large grey tom sat atop a boulder, stars sparkling on his thick pelt.
A very small black she-cat slid from the shadows and leaped up to sit beside the grey tom.
"Welcome, Antfur." the grey tom meowed.
"Stonestar." Antfur answered politely. "It's been almost a moon since we've last seen you."
Stonestar sighed, his muscular shoulders saggging. "Sorry, but I've been busy, my dear deputy."
"Busy?" echoed Antfur. "Tell me the truth. Even Fangpaw has realized something's up."
"I've been checking the other Clan's borders," Stonestar admitted. "Luckily, they seem to have forgotten about us."
"That's lucky and unlucky." mewed Antfur. "Maybe they'd help us with this prey-shortage. With Leaf-bare just around the corner, things could get bad."
"We have Ginger, Rain and Beetle," argued Stonestar. "They bring plenty of prey back each night."
"They're loners." Antfur told him gently. "We can't just sit back while they do all the hunting."
Stonestar looked utterly defeated. "Then I don't know what we'll do when the snow comes." he murmured softly.
Antfur pressed against him to comfort him. "We'll find a way. WoodClan will not back off easily."