Investagation

""Dognapping!" Can you imagine such a thing? "  puppies stolen". They are darling little things. Anita... and her bashful Beethoven! Pipe and all! Oh, Roger, you are a fool!" Cruella said, in her bed reading the newspaper, mocking the family.

"Hello? Jasper! Jasper, you idiot! How dare you call here." Cruella said, angry at Jasper and Horace.

"We don't want no more of this, we want our boodle! We'll settle for half!" Jasper said, done with the Job Cruella hired them for.

"Not one schilling 'til the job's done." Cruella said, not going to let them quit.

"Jasper! Jasper!" Horace said, pointing to a newspaper with the puppies on it. 

"It's in the blinkin' papers, pictures and all!" Jasper said, putting the microphone to the newspaper.

"Hang the papers! It'll be forgotten tomorrow." Cruella said, bringing her cigarette in the air. The green haze following behind.

"I don't like it." Horace said, crossing his arms.

"Shut up, you idiot!" Jasper said, forgetting Cruella was listening.

"What?" Cruella said, angrily.

"Not you, miss. I mean Horace!" Jasper said, trying to explain the situation.

"Why, you imbecile!" Cruella said, before slamming the phone down. An idea came to her and she dialed a number.

"Maybe it's Scotland Yard. Maybe they found something. Hello, Inspector?" Roger said, wondering who was calling them.

"Is Anita there?" Cruella said, to Roger.

"Who?" Roger said, in confusion.

"Anita!" Cruella said, repeating the name.

"Uh... it's for you." Roger said, handing Anita the Phone.

"Hello?" Anita said, wondering who it was.

"Anita, darling. What a dreadful thing. I just saw the papers. I couldn't believe it." Cruella said, in a eccentric way.

"Yes, Cruella. It was quite a shock." Anita said, trying to stay calm.

"Is she calling to confess? Roger, please! She's a sly one."

"We're doing everything possible." Anita said, calmly to Cruella.

"Have you called the police?" Cruella said, curiously.

"Yes, Scotland Yard. But I'm afraid..." Anita said, before Roger spoke.

"Where are they?" Roger said, grabbing the Phone from Anita."

"You idiot!"Anita said, grabbing the phone back.

"Anita!" Cruella said, in shock.

"Sorry, Cruella. If there's any news, we'll let you know. Thank you, Cruella." Anuta said, before hanging up the phone.

"Roger, I admit she's eccentric, but she's not a thief." Anita said to Roger after his outburst.

"Well, she's still number one suspect in my book!" Roger said, convinced she stole the puppies.

"She's been investigated by Scotland Yard. What more do you want?" Anita said, telling Roger Cruella is innocent.

"I don't know, darling. I don't know." Roger said, calming down a bit.

"Oh, Roger. What'll we do? What'll we do?" Anita said, saddened.

444 words