Moscow.

TAPE 5 [SIDE B]

"The idea of leaving Cincinnati to do this heist made my heart feel as if it were literally breaking into a million pieces

"The idea of leaving Cincinnati to do this heist made my heart feel as if it were literally breaking into a million pieces."

"He was everything to me."

"He saved me."

"He gave me a purpose to live again."

"And I knew he'd feel our absence."

"What child wouldn't feel the absence of their family?"

"After all, Danny still felt the absence of his own father."

"He still woke up crying in the middle of the night after a devastating nightmare that forced him to relive the trauma of losing Agustin all over again."

"And I feared that Cincinnati losing one of us would lead to that same torture."

🤍♠️🤍♠️🤍♠️🤍♠️🤍

"It's time for bed, buddy," I said as I carried Cincinnati into his bedroom and placed him gently onto his race car comforter that was neatly tucked into his bed frame.

"I don't want to go to bed." He whined as I chuckled.

"You know this isn't up for debate, right?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah." He reluctantly replied with a grumpy frown.

"Alright," I said as I pulled the blanket back and pulled it over his small body, "Get some rest, and I'll see you when we get back in a few days, okay?"

He didn't respond, which I found odd, but I just shook it off as I placed a kiss on his forehead and made my way over to the door.

"Are you going to leave me like Daddy said Grandpa left him?" Cincinnati suddenly asked, and I sucked in a deep breath as I turned to face him.

"What?" I questioned incredulously.

"Daddy said that when he went on a special trip with mommy that his daddy went with him, but then he said that his daddy had to go away to Heaven because he got really hurt." He explained as his eyes became glassy with fear. "Is that going to happen to you, Auntie?"

"No," I said quickly as I rushed over to the little boy who had stolen my heart all those years ago when he was brought into this world. "I'm not going anywhere."