1

~Lyla's POV~

"And now, please give a warm welcome to our very own, Lyla!" Loki shouted over the microphone as I make my way up on the stage and pick the guitar up from the stand.

"Thank you, Trickster, no pun intended since you were literally named after a Norse God. Hi everybody, hope all is well tonight, I'll be doing a cover of "80s Mercedes" by Maren Morris," I said as I situate my guitar into position and grab my pick from my pocket to start playing.

"Still runs good, built to last. Moves like a hula girl on the dash. She ain't made for practicality. Yeah, I guess she's just like me"

"It's Saturday night, about time to go. Got my white leather jacket and a neon soul. Once I turn on the radio, I'm ready to roll, r-ready to roll."

"Feel like a hard-to-get starlet when I'm driving. Turning every head, hell, I ain't even trying. Got them Ray-Ban shades, pretty in pink. Call me old school, but hey. I'm a 90s baby in my 80s Mercedes. I'm a 90s baby in my 80s Mercedes."

Being up here, on stage in front of the full house, it's one of my happy places. I scan the audience for familiar faces and spot Shaylee, my best friend, and her boyfriend, Zander, who is also the owner of the pub. After I finished the song, I placed the guitar back on the stand and walked back towards our table to hear Shaylee say, "That was amazing as always, had every eye on you in this place."

"Yea, even Tom Holland and his friends were watching you," Zander responded as I took a sip of my drink.

"Tom? I didn't know he was home. He wouldn't even remember to tell me since he's been so busy with his lifestyle that he wouldn't even remember who I am or how I've been doing," I thought to myself as I watch Shaylee and Zander discuss something about the studio's decor, changing the theme, I didn't pay attention, to be honest.

I look around to try to find him so I could maybe say hey, but to no avail, I couldn't spot him and then went back to continuing to put my inputs into the conversation.

~Tom's POV~

"And now, please give a warm welcome to our very own, Lyla!" the DJ said as I watched a girl come up on stage and grabbed the guitar.

"Her name sounds so familiar and she has some identifying features, but for the life of me, I can't put my finger on it," I thought to myself as I felt someone call my name.

"Hey mate, you alright?" Haz asks as I shake my head to get out of my thoughts and responds, "Yea I'm fine. Just can't figure where I know that girl from."

"Oh, she's local. Been posting her covers on YouTube, she's really good. Wait, Tom, didn't you have a best friend named Lyla?" Sam asked as realization hit me like a freight train.

"That's Lilac? I almost didn't recognize her," I said as Tuwaine & Haz looked at me in confusion.

"Lilac is the nickname I gave her, we were best friends when we were younger. After I started my acting career, time just got away from me and my lifestyle became busy to the point that communication between us became less and less. Maybe I should go over and say hi," I responded as Harry put his hand on my shoulder, signaling I should stay seated.

"Maybe later, it looks like she's just chilling with her friends at the moment," Harry says as I nodded my head and took a sip of my beer.

"Wait, you said she had a YouTube channel?" I asked as Sam nodded his head.