XXIX

29

_____________
"we need to talk."

"about what?" seungmin slightly trembled when the words left his father's lips. he'd grown to feel nervous on those words- since they were only used in case of serious danger.

"i have to tell you somewhere private." mr. kim admitted, "have all the guards leave the establishment and secure all our surroundings so nobody can overhear this." he sternly finished off, storming into the living room soon after.

mr. min, hyunjin and seungmin stole glances with one another confusedly, all of them having already having a bad feeling on the energy mr. kim carried.

soon enough, all the guards were ordered to vacate their mansion and wait outside- except hyunjin who was also needed in the 'serious situation' mr. kim always claimed. though, he refused to mention what it was about until everyone left.

mr. min led the two boys inside the living room where mr. kim was patiently waiting for his coffee.

as his fiancé handed him the fresh cup of brewed espresso, seungmin and hyunjin awkwardly sat across them, a decent space created between the two of them.

they could hear mr. kim slurp a single sip of his drink before setting it down on the table in front of him.

his gaze peeled away from the computer screen as he closed it halfway to face the two boys who were almost shaking in fear.

"we have a problem.." he started. "and i know, i'm not really the type to share my problems regarding the media with my son..or his friend..?" his tone was questionable when he had to refer his relation with hyunjin, but nonetheless he continued. "but that's not important. the reason i called you here is because, lately rumors have been spreading about seungmin..being gay." he said it as if there wasn't any problem with it. which there wasn't. "but, as our generation ages, and as we become more popular among the media, it's common to have homophobic comments from the uneducated people."

"but lately, the allegations and harsh comments are getting too common." he sighed, taking out a few files from the ones scattered on the table.

"it was just recently that they took physical actions." he slid the file near the two boys. "seungmin, i'm talking about that night you were beat up by some gang."

seungmin thickly gulped, he realized that his father must've figured out what those people said to him and why they did it.

"why didn't you tell me it had to do something with you being gay?" he asked, glaring into seungmin's eyes.

seungmin didn't respond and looked down to his lap in guilt.

"well, whatever it is, i found out who they were with a little support from my friends." mr. kim said.

hyunjin alertly picked up those files in anger. his fear suddenly disappearing as rage boiled his veins. he never forgot how broken seungmin looked that day, and was just as angry to beat anybody who hurt seungmin.

"shall i beat them up for you?" he jerked suddenly, which made mr. kim eye him in sympathy.

"no. no, that won't be necessary." mr. kim instructed, even if he was just as pissed as the said male. "we don't need any more rumors about our company."

"and as we're on the topic, i've decided it's time you have a boyfriend that will make all these rumors sink sooner or later." he sighed. "i guess a bodyguard just wasn't enough."