chapter 3

"oh, hi gorou!"

"hi, y/n" gorou smiled, his tail wagging.

"are you... happy to see me?"

"nu-uh" gorou huffed crossing his arms and puffing out his cheeks.

"your tail says otherwise."

his face went bright red.

"i-u-i-uh-"

you giggled and patted his head

"just teasing."

his jaw practically dropped to the floor.

"at least i dont have a bed head" he smirked.

now it was your turn to go bright red.

"well, as we're here, we may as well go on a walk, right? it is perfect weather for it."

gorou shrugged.

"sure."

and that's how you wound up weaving between dunes, every two seconds gorou bending down to pick up a seashell.

"gorou, why the hell are you picking up seashells?"

"because."

"because?"

"because."

"mkay." you shrugged it off, supposing it was just for a weird collection thing of his.

later

"gorouuuuu, how much longer are we gonna be hereeeeeee?" you groaned.

"my feet hurttttt."

"there's a boulder up ahead. we'll stop there."

"yayy!" you grabbed gorou and buried your head in his shoulder, presumably a hug, as you let go after.

you reached the boulder and clambered onto the surface of it, gorou following quickly after.

"i'm boooreeeddddd."

"y/n you were literally complaining five minutes ago"

"yeah i know but still."

gorou shrugged and seemed to be fiddling with the seashells he collected earlier, odd.

you decided to get up off the boulder and explore.

you had wandered from the beach onto the grassland, collecting a few naku weeds and sunsettia. you stood beside a bush as there was something poking out of it, investigating. you pulled two branches apart and gasped as you were dragged into the foliage by a mysterious arm. you looked up to see a girl with short, choppily cut strawberry blonde hair tied into a high ponytail hushing you. she looked forward once again, you did the same as the mysterious girl, noticing fireworks with their fuses lit.

the string slowly depleted and you were met with a whoosh and a crackle, leaving a sparkle of colour on the soon-to-be dark sky. your eyes twinkled as you watched them, although this moment of serenity didnt last long as you heard a yelp of fear coming from where gorou was. you scrambled to get up and ran toward him.

"gorou!"

"y/n!"

his figure appeared and he seemed to be holding a bow, the noise from the fireworks must've made him think it was a ronin.

"im glad you're alright. did the ronin hurt you?"

"there was no ronin, gorou. that girl over there set off a few fireworks."

"what girl?"

"the girl in the bushes."

gorou walked over and cautiously checked the bush from which you emerged.

"there's nobody there."

"what?"

you dashed over and scoured the bushes for the mysterious girl, but alas, your efforts were for naught, as the stranger was no longer there.

"are you alright? you should probably head home, y/n, you're most likely hallucinating."

"i'm not hallucinating! but yeah, i should probably go home. my sister will be pissed if i don't at least slightly help with my mother's errands."

gorou chuckled and asked if you wanted him to escort you home. you denied and asked to meet him again, although he said he'd be unavailable for two days.

you wondered why he'd be unavailable as you trudged up the hill toward your home, the sun setting.

you opened the door and saw sara waiting to greet you.

"don't tell me you've finished all of mother's requests, she'll kill me if i dont do at least one."

"luckily for you, i saved you 'washing the dishes'."

"thank you, sara."

you smiled gratefully and enveloped your sister in another tight embrace and she, once again, returned it, ever so lightly.

after washing the dishes

you collapsed onto your bed, the fluffy sheets feeling welcoming as you began to fall into a deep sleep.

________________________________

chqngyun  GAVE ME LOADS OF HELP IN THIS CHAPTER ‼️‼️

😈😈