chapter 5

2 days later

you strolled along the beach where you and gorou had first met, the rolling waves crashing onto the threshold of land and sea, barely missing your feet.

your hair blew in the breeze, and you raised your hand to fix it. you were aware that you were being tailed, although you wanted to learn more about who it was and why they were following you, so you had led them on a wild goose chase.

you began picking up the pace, hearing almost silent footprints crunching in the sand.

you began jogging, merely to taunt them. hearing footsteps mismatching your own, going faster, you decided to risk it and just start booking it.

"get the kujou clan member!" a deep, masculine voice called from behind you. you began tripping on the sand as you tried to get away, not wanting to risk sara's chances of screwing up the meeting with sangonomiya by killing them.

you quickly outran them as you had been personally trained by sara herself, making you extraordinarily fast.

the beach ended and all that was ahead was foliage. dense foliage. there were yells behind you, and you decided there was no other choice.

you were going to go into the thick of it.

you pushed through the thick plants, branches and mist, eventually arriving at a clearing with a humongous tree.

there was a rustling in the bushes, and your scythe materialised from thin air, gold particles leaving in it's wake.

the bush stopped moving to reveal gorou himself. he ran over and grabbed your shoulders.

"y/n? what're you doing here? are you okay?"

"im completely fine."

"are you sure? my men said there was a member of the kujou clan around. i don't want you to get in trouble."

"yes, gorou, im completely sure, but d'you think you could help me hide? there are people following me."

gorou nodded and pulled you over to a large, nearby log, letting you step in first before entering himself. the log was hollow inside, and filled with moss, but still managed to look cosy and comfortable.

gorou motioned to a gap in the wood. you walked over and put your eye to it, looking out.

"now you can see if any of those people are chasing you."

you removed your eye and grinned at him, ear to ear.

"it's great gorou. thank you."

you opened your eyes and dropped your smile, staring deeply into the depths of his eyes. you had never realised how blue they were. he seemed to be mirroring your actions.

your eyes flicked down to his lips, and back up to his eyes. you took a step forward, closing the gap between the two of you in one fell swoop. he leaned his face toward yours and you naturally did the same thing.

your lips touched each other and a spark of passion ignited a spark of passion inside you, making you deepen the kiss. gorou responded by flittering his tongue across your bottom lip, thus ending in you biting his tongue.