The Encounter

Jwala POV

I did not understand why my mother, was sending me everyday at the well and exactly at 10 a. m, She had no problem in helping her mother, neither she had any problem with going to the well, but at exactly that time Derya used to also come to fetch water.

Jwala and Derya were never able to match their opinions, and her poor friend Sambit was always caught in middle

"Jwala go fetch water from the well dear " as expected at exactly 10 a. m again her mother was sending her to the well

"Mom I'll go in half an hour, I am really busy"

"No go now, there is no water in the house, how am I supposed to cook? If you want to starve, let me know"

I think, I got my sarcastic genes from mom,I mused

I Sighed and took the pots and went out of the house, why not first look at the pond which was a km away , rather than looking at Derya's face, Atleast at the pond there won't be anyone to piss her off.

I Walked near the pond and sat there, how peaceful it was, beautiful trees, were lining the border of the pond beautiful flowers were springing up at the edge of the pond, giving a natural fragrance in the air, peaceful water was shimmering as sunlight was reflected in the pond's water, giving it an ethereal glow, she was herself dressed in a deep moaroon saree today, she always thought she looked best in Jwalana colors,

I closed my eyes to listen to the sweet sweet song of the birds, and inhaled deeply- SHOT, SHOT, SHOT what the hell, I immediately opened my eyes and right in front of me there were three birds, with arrows stuck in them.

Ab yeh kish krur shaitaan ka kaam hai?

Which Demonically, horifically cruel person did this? And why? No one had ever hunted in their village for pleasure!

I got up and went near the birds, were they really dead? poor souls

"Hey that's my hunt, don't you dare touch it! " Someone shouted from behind

oh so that demonically, horifically cruel person was coming here only, good!

I purposely bent down, to touch it, poor birdie.

"I said, don't you dare touch it! " someone strong, forcefully turned me to face it.

Was his hair actually shining with red streaks? Was the first thought that crossed my mind, I should ask him how he got it done, was the second thought? What crap are you thinking girl? Was the third, He has killed poor birds who cannot even speak for themselves and you are getting obsessive about few colored hair

Koi bechare janwar ke he pankhon ko ukhadkar lagaya hoga!

(He would have plucked them from some innocent animal only!)

Agni's POV

As usual the awestruck Expression, I knew what My looks did for girls, I knew it since I was merely 7 years old. However she was that mousy black haired girl, who had so high opinions about me!

"Listen woman, or should I even call you that but-"

"Mister is your hair really shining with Red? " the woman - no girl asked

"Excuse me? " This might be the first time Maharaj Agni was dumbfounded, was the girl actually asking about his hair? The nerve!

"Mister.. iss yourr hairr reallyy shining with red color" The girl said stressing every word as if she was talking to a child

"I heard what you said! How dare you-"

"Mister! why are you shouting, did your arrows got stuffed in your ears? I just asked about your hair! "

Exactly! This girl was hovering over my hunt! My hunt!

"Yes exactly what were you doing with my hunt!? "

"What hunt?" she asked looking at me innocently, was she fucking kidding me, she was holding it in her bloody hand

"You are holding it!"

"Acha yeh? Kisi krur shaitaan ne in sundar pakshiyon ko aahat kiya hai"

"Oh this? " she said holding it in front of my eyes "This beautiful bird was killed by a demonic, horrific cruel person "

what the fuck, was she cursing at me! ?

"girl you better give me my hunt! do you even know me? Thank god , that I am in a good mood today or you would have paid dearly! "

"oh my god! such vanity! " That woman is a smart mouth, I should shut her up, soon, very soon!

"Just give me my hunt girl, you don't want to mess with me! " The girl had entertained me, I did not want to punish her, well that was a first!

"How could you? ! how could you kill an innocent living being, a beautiful bird at that" was that tears glistening in her eyes?

I did not know why I was tightening my grip on her shoulder, why the hell was she crying? for a inconsequential bird? Is she serious?

"Give me my hunt! This is the last time, I am asking nicely ,you dont know who I am" I growled, she should be afraid of me!

"Main kaun hu, main kaun hu, main kaun hu! Aapka sir sujha hua hai, hum shart lagate hai, itna toh humare streebaaz Maharaj Agni bhi khudo ahemyat nai dete honge"

"Who I am, Who I am, Who I am! you are so full of yourself !as if you are that freaky manwhore Maharaj Agni of our kingdom, I bet even he is not that full of himself! "

Enough being nice with this girl, I pushed her on the ground, I was curious about her so was being nice, but as expected nice never works, I snatched the hunt from the girl's hand.

I turned around and was about to leave, when I felt a blinding pain on the back of my head. Did she actually throw a stone at him?

There his assaulter stood, with defiant watery eyes, and a satisfied smile.

Well he deserved that! The girl's eyes were shing with satisfaction, as if she had successfully taken revenge for the poor bird and have punished the culprit adequately

I turned to face her, my eyes were red with anger, I was clenching my fists, I stalked where she stood and stood exactly in front of her waiting for her to back down, but she did not! Not even a step back!

"Do you know who I am girl?" I asked menacingly, my teeth were gritted together in anger

She rolled her eyes at me! As if I was an insufferable fool and then said

"Yes an obnoxious , overbearing , self obsessed brute" she said back

"you better watch your mouth girl ! you don't want to cross me" I spat at her

"oh I do agree on this ! I don't want to ever see your ugly face again"

with that she spat on the ground , gathered her skirt and ran off

While Agni just stood there, dumbfounded, which happened for the second time in the span of 15 minutes .

No one had ever called him ugly...

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

A/n

Please vote and comment

-A