Desirable Me!

Jwala

"I am talking about the marriage proposal from Maharaj Agni Barhi, our king, king of Jwalana!"

"I am talking about the marriage proposal from Maharaj Agni Barhi, our king, king of Jwalana !"

Main kabse itni aakarshak ho gayi? Lagta hai maa mere khaane mein aaj kal saundarya bhadane ki dwaai mila rahi hai, yaa phir saare purush andhe ho chuke hai, aur is baat ki kisiko kaano kaan khbar nai mili hai

Since when had she become so desirable? was her mother putting beauty tablets in her food? Were men blind nowadays and the latest gossip was not yet updated?

I was lying on my bed, and thinking, what the hell had happened in the span of 24 hours, she was a perfectly average Women, who had no plans to get married in near future and no possibility of getting proposed, even in distant future, how had it come to this?

She should may be just sleep for now, may be she was dreaming, Sambit's proposal was astonishing but the Maharaj's proposal had electrocuted her in a state of shock!

I closed my eyes, then opened them, then again closed them, then again opened them, then again closed them, then again opened them.

This was not working!

I got up from the bed and went near the mirror, may be she had turned into a beauty at sunrise, but the reflection staring back at her was same, the same too big brown eyes, the same slightly crooked noose, a small pouty mouth, and long straight black hair. May be the preferences had changed, and men were going for a simple style.

Ahh! It was too much!

I was not able to sleep the whole night, thinking about the accidents of the previous day, however there were few things very clear, after 6 hours of thinking, rethinking, over thinking and rethinking the over thinking.

I gave up on sleep by 8 a. m and went to find my mother who was busy in the kitchen.

Their small house which consisted of two rooms and a kitchen attached with the living room, was very cozy, why should she leave it? It had everything she could ever want, from her own small room, to the exclusivity it provides, to the sanctuary it creates for her.

"Ma! "

My mother turned on hearing my voice "Jwala, did you not sleep the whole night! , go and freshen up we have-"

"Maa meri suniye, kya antar padta hai, do do purush mujh par aise he mohit ho chuke hai!"

"Ma! listen to me, what does it matter, two men already find me desirable!" I said, I was already on the edge with the proposal, no sorry proposals!

"Jwala listen-" my mom again tried to tell me something

"Nai Ma, suniye toh, maine is vishay mein raat bhar mantrana ki, matlab, mujhe pata hai aap Maharaj Agni ke prastaav se badi khush hai, parantu maa kya aapko pata nai woh bade he purushvaishye hai, hume pata bhi nai unhone kitne striyon ko apne mahal mein rakha hoga aur kitni striyan mahal se bahar aur -"

"No ma, Please you listen, I have thought about it all night, I mean, I know you were really excited about Maharaj Agni's proposal, but ma, have you considered he is a manwhore , we don't know how many concubines he has stashed away in his palace and how many other women he has outside the palace and-"

"Jwala!!! "

"Mom why are you shouting, I am just telling you, may be he has this habit of having a bride from every village or something but still why me "

"Jwala! keep quiet" her mother said twinkiling her eyes at me, in an unnatural manner

"Mom what is wrong with your eyes? don't worry we will go to a doctor after we finish this conversation, so, as I was saying, Ma I know he is our king, but ma for all we know he could be in his fifties and all that talk about him being very handsome and attractive could be just, you know, talk"

"Jwala... Jwala my girl please stop talking! " my mother had started shaking now

"Mom are you alright, are you scared how we will reject his proposal? Don't worry I'll just tell him that being a queen would be too much for a village girl like me, and high and mighty king deserves or rather entitled to... I heard he thinks he thinks he is entitled to things and women and pleasure, yes we can just tell him he is entitled to someone prettier, I mean mom stroking his ego a little, would get me out of this nightmare than why not? "

"Jwala! enough! " my mother had started hyperventilating and looked on the point of collapse now

"Ma, you don't look very well, " Jwala went near her and held her shoulders "It's okay ma, once we solve this problem , we will take care of your health right away"

"Jwala Maharaj is a very kind and considerate person" my mother said in a sombre tone, her eyes showing her sincerity

Had she gone nuts? Kind and considerate? Ha! And I am tall and stunning

I started laughing "Ma please! god knows, what he carries , after all that manwhoring he does "

"I don't think anyone ever has articulated me soo well! " I heard a deep familiar voice behind me.

Why do I feel I have heard that voice before?

***
A/n

Please vote and comment

-A