Chapter 6. Declaration and Doubt

Tam was angrily marching home, confused and annoyed about Biana's reaction. What had he done? How could he have messed things up? Nothing made sense. Did she think Sophie liked him? The answer was no of course, he liked brunettes that had teal eyes, that were sweet and funny and brave. Brunettes with a fashion sense and devotion to friends. Brunettes called Biana Vacker. 

"She's so beautiful", he accidentally whispered dreamily out loud.

"Who?!", squealed Linh, opening the door to their home. "Oh, how dumb am I? It's Biana of course!..." 

Tam sighed in response. 

"Right? Right?," Linh asked in alarm.

"Mmhh", Tam grudgingly admitted, not loving the fact that Linh was involved with all of his love-life.

"Hehe! Well, guess what? I'm telling Biana that you have a HUGE crush on her!"

"WHAT?, Tam exclaimed.

"If you're that much of a scaredy-mercat... I'm telling her tomorrow morning at school! Any last words?"

"NO, I'll tell her, fine, but don't you dare approach her, otherwise..."

"Otherwise, you're in no position to threaten me, Tammy, so shut your mouth and think about the consequences if you don't tell her first thing in the morning."

"Uh, yeah yeah darling sister..."

"Well, I'm buying a few things for Biana that will add to your declaration of love, okay?

" She hates me though! She thinks I like Sophie so she'll reject me for sure. That is if I can talk to her."

"Idiot. Of course she loves you! Sophie explained already that she liked-nevermind. Anyway, she loves you."

"Noooooo, she probably pities me and is just pretending to like me, I don't know. And you're probably faking this. Did she really tell you that she liked me.

"I'm not going to answer that question. Now go get something original for her in addition to my gifts."

"Ughh"

"See you in the morning! I've eaten already and I'm going out with Marella to buy the gifts. Ciao!"

Linh left joyfully and hurried out while Tam thought suddenly. "Marella?"

When the Hydrokinetic came back and everyone was ready to sleep, the twins finaly went to bed that night, one dreading the next morning while the other was squealing gleefully at her work.