EPISODE 3

Cliché: Odd Squad [EPISODE 3]

Date: 09/02/2012 (Thursday)

Zach & Luna

Luna's driver picked her up precisely at 6:45AM and drove her to school. In the car, Luna was tense and filled with anxiety. This would be the first time that she would skip school intentionally. She hoped that they won't get caught, but she was confident that they wouldn't be. Over the years, she's been missing school a lot due to her being hospitalized or doing her treatments in the hospital, therefore the school administration doesn't contact her parents anymore if she was absent, because they'd assume that she would be at the hospital.

That would give her the golden opportunity to skip school without anyone knowing except her friends. As the car was getting closer to the school, she felt excitement. She hugged her backpack tighter. She pulled out her phone to text Zach to let him know that she would arrive soon.

Luna: I'm almost there. Where should we meet?

Zach: Behind the Hall. I hid my motorbike behind the bushes over the wall.

Luna: Got it. See you soon.

Luna took a deep breath and exhaled. The car just entered the school gate. "Can you drop me off at the east wing near the Hall please? And could you also pick me up after school at the same place?" She told the driver. When the car stopped, she got off and went straight to the toilet. She made sure no one else was there, so there would be no witness. It was still early at 7:04AM, and school won't officially start until 8AM. She changed her outfit to a black hoodie and jeans, keeping her uniform inside her backpack.

Luna: Okay, I'm ready. Where are you?

Zach: I'm already by the gate behind the hall.

Luna: I'll head there now.

Zach was leaning with his back on the wall, coincidentally wearing a black hoodie too. Once he saw her, there was a huge smile plastered on his face. He motioned her to hurry up.

"Okay, so let's do this." Zach held out his hands. "Put your left foot on my hand the climb the wall." He instructed. Luna did exactly as he said and managed to sit on the wall. While Zach managed to parkour over it. As soon as he touched down the other side, he held up his arms. "Come on, jump. I'll catch you." The wall wasn't that high, but it is taller than Luna's height, so it was still scary for her. She closed her eyes and jumped, and Zach caught her as promised, which gave Luna adrenaline rush and pure excitement.

"This way." Zach led her to his motorbike which he hid behind the bush. He gave her the helmet and helped her put in on. As he was strapping the buckle of the helmet on her, they were looking into each other's eyes. Both were looking forward to this adventure that they were about to embark on.

Atlas & Elle

Elle was on her way out from the teachers' lounge, carrying the English notebooks of Class 4-5 students back to her classroom before lessons start. She quickened up her pace when the bell rang, signaling that lesson would start in 10 minutes. When she reached the Senior's Block, her pathway to the stairs was blocked.

"Look who it is, girls." One of the bullies hollered to her friends. The rest of them gathered around, circling Elle. Elle was too scared to move, she kept her head down, bracing herself of what's to come. The leader of the bullies stepped up. "Hey". She nudged Elle's shoulder with her finger. "Look at me when I'm talking to you." Elle's eyes were still closed, her head down. "I said look at me when I'm talking to you!" The bully shouted. Her hand was up, ready to slap Elle.