3 - guns

𝟹 - 𝚐𝚞𝚗𝚜

𝟹 - 𝚐𝚞𝚗𝚜

Layke, Pope, Kie and JJ stood on the HMS Pogue, anxiously waiting for John B to come out of the water. Layke adjusted her sunglasses on her face as she looked, praying to god that JB would show himself, not wanting their last words to each other to be some bullshit but not being able to reach the top shelf.

"Should we go get him?" Pope asked as he looked into the water.

Just as Pope finished talking, the water's surface broke and John B exited its depths with a gasp, coughing harshly.

"Oh, my God. That took forever! Ah, jeez."

"Any dead bodies?" Pope asked as JJ pulled the anchor on board the boat, handing it to Layke who placed it behind her.

"Looting potential?"

"Weed?"

Kie turned to Layke with a disappointed stare, causing the girl to shrug, "what? It's a genuine question."

John B ignored the girls and shook his head, lifting his hand out of the water, showing the key in his hand. "No, No. I found this motel key."

"A key?"

"Yes, a key, Pope."

Layke shook her head disappointedly, "well that's boring."

"Great!" JJ spoke up sarcastically. "We salvaged a motel key."

Pope lended a hand to John B, pulling him on the boat as JJ headed to the wheel, starting up the engine. Layke handed John the towel she had been sitting on, letting him dry himself off with it while she grabbed the key and looked at it.

"Guys, we should report the wreck to the coast guard," Kie said as the HMS Pogue sped through the water. "Maybe we'll get a finder's fee."

JJ nodded, "Yeah, and not work all summer. Thanks, Agatha, ya batch."

The five pogues walked along the dock, leaving their boat nearby, as they headed towards the coast guard. Kie, Pope and Layke waited outside as JJ and John B went in to report the wreck, the two girls talking about their shifts at the Wreck later that had been cancelled due to Agatha.

"Well, that went well," John B said as he dragged JJ out of the building, Pope, Kie and Layke heading towards them.

"So, what's the plan?" Pope asked.

"I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat," John B answered, flicking the key around in his hand.

"We don't know whose room that is," Pope said, trying to shut the boy down. "It could be anyone."

"I'm in," JJ said.

"Better than going back home and cleaning," Layke shrugged.

Kie nodded, looking at Pope teasingly as they walked away from the dark skinned boy, "Come on. I'll be lookout."