18.

6 Months later.

i walked into the big building, it was glum.. grey walls nothing appealing.
It was quite chilly, i zipped my coat up and put my hands in my joggers.

"name.."the man demanded.

"oh Melani..Marquis."

"and you have a meeting arranged?" he clicked his pen it annoyed me.

"yes, williams... Keantae williams." i told him showing my identification.

"pat her down!" he said to the two others stood to the side of the desk.

i lifted my arms so they could do so with no hassle.

...

i rapidly tapped my leg, i was nervous i had many months to tell him and here i was doing it the worst time possible.

he'd invited me to see him many times, i'd air his calls or say i was busy, i didn't want to talk to him knowing it was Makel that put him in here.

i heard the heavy metal chair being pulled and saw the large sized ten airforces i'd sent for him a few weeks ago.

i looked up at him, he looked at me.

"hey.." i muttered.

"hey." he replied.

if i hadn't known any better id have thought he was mad at me.

"how's my son?"

"he's good, he even played with deions kids the other week, i'm also nearly a nurse! i've been trying so hard and it's been a long journey.."

"why are you here melani?" he sighed

i avoided eye contact with him, i couldn't even talk.

he leaned into me putting his hand on my chin turning my face towards him.

"why are you here..princess?"

my heart melts at the old nickname, he'd never stop calling me that no matter the predicament.
he knows i'd answer to it.

"i- i'm.." i close my eyes for a moment

"i'm pregnant." i state, he instantly removed his hands from my face, it's as if my stomach dropped to my ass.

"why should i know that?"

"i'm 7 months pregnant.."

"so?"

he doesn't seem to put two and two together i wish he would.

"it's yours, you know from.."

"no melani."

i crossed my arms, what ?

"what do you mean no?"

"that's not fair! you can't just pop up 7 months pregnant, i've been trying to see you for the past 6 months and you ignore me? your pregnant with my child! that's not fucking fair melani!"

"i couldn't! i couldn't come and see you, you don't understand keantae."

"no. you don't understand, you never fucking get it." his voice boomed louder maybe he was mad at me

"i've tried with you! i'm sorry i fucked us up you were 16 worrying about if i'd be alive the next morning i'm sorry! i've had it you don't understand how bad i want you back!"

"i'm sorry!"

he kissed his teeth.
"fuck me man. fuck everything!"

he banged his fists on the table.

"i'm sorry!"is all i could repeat.

"what was the point in coming here? You don't listen to jackshit! everytime i call you to come your too busy? what's your problem!"he rubbed his hand over his face.

"i just couldn't, i.. i don't know."

i'd really done it now.

"it's not fair.. your not being fair on me anymore lani.."

i put my head down, i couldn't even look at him.
i heard him do a deep sigh.

"boy or girl?" he lifted my head.

"a girl. when do you get out?"

"soon enough.. i should be out on good behaviour."

"i hope it's before she's due.. i don't want you to miss it."

*End of chapter
vote