Chapter 11

It was New Years Eve. Ramsey and I were at home getting ready to go to a local club to watch Kells perform. He was scheduled to perform at 8 and should finish at 11, then we would head back to the house and ring in the New Year with the crew.

The weather had been gloomy all day. Clouds hid the sun and rain poured on and off during the day. It was so not the ideal New Years Eve Day, but that's South Louisiana for ya. The morning was uneventful as Ram and I tried to relax. Kells had told me that in addition to the whole crew Ram and I had already met, other members would be joining us. Tiffany and Tana would be there, keeping their distance hopefully. But so would Pete Davidson and John Mulaney. When Kells told me this, I immediately decided not to tell Ramsey. Not only would it be funny to watch her lose her shit when she saw them for the first time, but I didn't want her spending the entire day stressing over what she should wear, say or do. As excited as I was to meet them I was also worried about the last guest on the list. Taylor. Fucking. Caniff. If you thought he was obnoxious over social media, you should meet him in real life. He generally thought of me as nothing more than an annoying younger sister who shouldn't be brought out in public ever. We had only met a few times at the house parties but he was an asshole every goddamn time. I knew Ram would be just as pissed as I was, so I decide against telling her about him too.

Right on cue, Ramsey walks over and throws her arms around me. She leans over to see what I'm looking at. I click off my phone quickly, but apparently not quick enough.

"Was that the guest list for tonight?"

I answer, "Depends. What name did you see?"

"Taylor Caniff", she spits out with a disgusted look on her face.

"Oh," I lie, "Then no. That was not the guest list."

"God, I can't stand him," she groans, "Why can't Kells & Rook just ditch him?"

"Because they think he's their friend, which he definitely isn't."

That part was true. Even if you didn't have problems with Taylor, you couldn't deny the fact that friends didn't try to smash their friends' girlfriends or best friends on multiple occasions. Taylor, however, made it a habit. He came onto me a couple times, but I would just start hanging over Kells or Ian or anyone else within five feet of me and give him the death glare. His new focus is Ram and, unfortunately, she doesn't tell him off like I do. She just kind of sits there uncomfortably while he talks and ends up finding an excuse to leave. Hopefully, tonight will be the night someone tells him off.

We complain about Taylor some more, and start getting ready for the club. We do our makeup and our hair, put on our outfits, & finally walk over to Kells's house around 5. Kells and Rook were already pretty shitfaced. They were laughing and knocking into things and people left and right.

"Hey babygirl, are you ready?" Kells beamed throwing his arms around my waist and pulling me close.

"Yeah, I'm ready. You're gonna do great tonight," I replied.

"Y'all look fucking hot," Rook shouted, wrapping one arm around Mack and twirling a drumstick with the other.

I laughed and tugged on the gold minidress I had on. I felt really self conscious with how short the dress was and I was worried about being around Taylor in the dress while Kells was performing.

"Let's roll guys," Jordan called.

We all strolled out to the front lawn piling into the black SUVs waiting for us. The ride to the club was absolute chaos. Everyone was blasting their own music and singing along and talking over one another. Inside the club was even worse. We were escorted to a roped off area where we were met with John Mulaney, Pete Davidson, Taylor, Tiffany, and Tana.