Chapter 1: Library chitter

PS. Chapter Word count: 1,742

PSS. Hi, this is my first story here. This is a long and thought out story (I hope) and I hope everything makes general sense. It has a (somewhat) solid plot so I hope you enjoy this! :D

PSSS. Also, I really hope this is original and if not... I swear I didn't know!

"Arcadia!" Elda shouted, pulling her friend out of a trance.

The girl looked up, trying to recall what the other girl was talking about. Truth was though, none of the conversation was heard for a while. "W-What?"

"I just asked what was up. You've been... distant all day," The red head interrogated.

"What do you mean?" Arcadia asked, though she was pretty sure what was going on.

Sighing, Elda continued, "Well, when Iris was telling her about her new crafts project, you just nodded and muttered 'yeah that's great,' over and over, and Myla told me you walked into a water fountain and-"

"Thanks, I get it," Arcadia interrupted. "I've just been... thinking."

"What about?"

The asian glanced around the library, and, seeing as nobody was around them, whispered, "Can I tell you something crazy?"

"Of course you can!" Elda assured, closing her book.

"Well..." The younger of the two began, clearly nervous. "The... weirdest thing happened last night after the... attack.

The other seemed to tense at this. This was... always pretty understandable. There was only one thing her friend could be referring to, well, three actually. "What happened?"

"Well... I got caught up in the middle of it and when it was over, Warrior dropped down to the alley I hid in. I was alone and I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes but..."

Elda waited a couple seconds for her friend to continue before prompting, "But?"

"She decided to ask me if I needed help home? I mean- she's a villain! They all are! Why wouldn't she just knock me down or something?" Arcadia exclaimed in shock, careful not to raise her voice and attract attention.

Elda seemed to relax a bit at this as she replied, "Well, at least nothing happened, right?"

"Yeah, but like, why? Her, Rainbow, and Knight get into a villain brawl as usual, arguing over who got to rob a bank, there's deathly crap flying everywhere, it ends, and Warrior spares my life?"

"Warrior did what?!" A voice behind them squeaked and the two friends turned around to see one of their other two besties, Iris, loud as usual.

Surprised that nobody had seemed to notice, both girls put their fore fingers to their lips, shushed the newcomer, and Arcadia dragged her in. "She asked me if I wanted help home," She exclaimed.

The air around them suddenly got really tense as Iris made a face that only came up when the three were mentioned. "Don't trust her. She's... no good."

"You're acting like I don't know that," Arcadia sighed. "I turned her down obviously but... the weirdest part of it was she yanked my hand when I denied it, which was bleeding from bumping it into the wall while evading the fight-"

"That little-" Iris began before Arcadia cut her off, continuing.

"-And when I yanked it back, it scared over. I stared at it, looked up at her- and- and-"