Chapter 34

Kawa had already been awake for two hours when his alarm had finally gone off to signal the start of a new day but this wasn't any old day, it was the mens volleyball final at the Olympics. He pinched himself just to make sure that this was all real and not just a dream.

He felt sick partly due to nerves but equally to do with excitement. His phone rang and jerked him out of his day dream. He wasn't going to answer until he saw the callers I.D, which read 'Oikawa Hajime' he chuckled to himself and then accepted the call.

"Good morning Iwa chan and what can I do for you today?" Kawa asked. "I just wanted to check that you're okay and to wish you luck" Iwa replied. "I'm fine Hajime, just a little nervous" he responded.

There was a knock at the door, "Sorry Iwa chan there's someone at the door so I just need to open it". "It's probably just your stupid fan girls Tooru". "Oh no I hope it's not" the setter sighed.

Kawa opened the door and saw the most beautiful thing that he had seen, "Iwa chan" he shrieked, "I'm so happy to see you. You've made my day so much better". The boy threw himself at his boyfriend who in turn hugged him tightly. "I love you baby" Iwa said kissing his lover gently. "I love you too Hajime" he replied returning the kiss.

"I have to go now but I'll see you later at the courtside. I nearly forgot to tell you Makki and Matsun got interviewed by reporters and I recorded it. Wanna see" Iwa replied laughing. "Yes, yes show me" Kawa responded.

 "Yes, yes show me" Kawa responded

"Oh my God Iwa. That's the funniest thing I've ever seen. Look at the little plushy of me, it's so cute". They kissed again and then separated for the last time.

Kawa picked up his phone and messaged Makki and Matsun, "you two are complete idiots but I wouldn't have it any other way". Matsun replied, "All of Aoba Johsai will be cheering for you, so please make us proud." "I'll try my best" he replied.

The day went like a whirlwind and before he knew it he was stood courtside whilst Japan and Argentina's national anthems played. He looked across the court and saw Hinata give him a big smile. He smiled back and looked at all of his friends on the other team, he felt a little sad that he wasn't with them but he knew that he was going to give it is all and crush them. Especially Ushiwaka, who just happened to be their Captain.

The Captains went to the centre of the court and shook hands. "I'm not going to hold back Oikawa" Ushijima warned, "I'm going to make you realise that you should have come to Shiratorizawa". "OMG" Kawa said rolling his eyes, "Are you still going on about that ? Bring it on, you can throw anything at me and I'm gonna keep on coming". The boys turned and walked away to return to their respective team mates.

Kawa was the first one to serve, he had never felt nerves like it but he knew he had to beat them all as this was going to be the last competetive match that he would play

Kawa was the first one to serve, he had never felt nerves like it but he knew he had to beat them all as this was going to be the last competetive match that he would play. He threw the ball high in the air and then ran to meet it and smacked it at full force were it whizzed past Ushijimas head and hit the floor. The crowd errupted and the commentator looked into the camera and screamed, "Argentina have the first point, thanks to a no touch ace from their Captain Oikawa Tooru". Iwa looked at him, he felt his chest swell with pride, 'Good job, Tooru' he said to himself.

The match was a tense to and fro game. There was never more than a point between the two sides, the atmosphere was electric and the Argentinan team soon found out why Kageyama and Hinata were called the freak duo.

Argentina eventually took the first round 30 - 28 but then Japan rallied and took the next two rounds 29 - 27 and 26 - 24. Oikawa was not going to let this get the better of him so he gave a little speech at the side of the court before the fourth round began.

" I know that they have extremely talented players on their team, some of them have been playing together since high school but I have every belief that we can do this. You are all amazing players individually but together we are unstoppable. Let's do this" The whole team felt lifted after the words and sentiments were given from their Captain and they won the next round 29 - 27.

It was all going to come down to the final round and it was Kageyama's turn to serve......