The Villain's Tears [1]

After winning the war between the demons, a Royal Ball was held in honor of the Holy Saintess Grandy Silva who aided the army with her rare light magic.

Grandy was wearing a pastel blue dress with a bodice that was adorned with diamonds. Her blonde hair was pulled up into a bun and her bangs were pinned to the side with a blue rose hair clip. Her blue eyes sparkled like sapphires, catching the eyes of everyone in the ballroom. She looked stunning and the limelight was solely on her.

Two handsome men stood on her right side while another handsome man stood on her left.

The three men were Crown Prince Zander, Leo, the oldest son of the Archduke, and Eric, the son of the Marquis.

The three of them escorted her to the throne room where they met face to face with the Emperor.

"Father, we request permission to marry Grandy." Crown Prince Zander stated.

"I grant you three permission to marry Grandy Silva because of her outstanding achievements and effort to eradicate the demons." The Emperor announced.

The crowd cheered in happiness!

Grandy smiled at her men.

"I love you all."

Zander, Leo, and Eric responded at the same time, "We love you too Grandy."

___

Outside in the garden, sitting on a bench was the archduke's youngest son, Atlas. He stared into the starry night sky with a peaceful expression before he was rudely interrupted by a female voice.

"Hello, Atlas!" The female said.

Atlas glanced at the woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. Recognizing her, he frowned. Atlas ignored her.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk! I just wanted to get some fresh air. Zander, Leo, and Eric allowed me to go walk in the gardens as long as I came back to the ballroom within 30 minutes." Grandy said cheerfully.

Hearing no response, Grandy continued, "I can't believe I became the Saintess, it feels like a dream come true!"

"You're no Saintess. You're a demon with the ability to distort memories. You distorted everyone's memories to think you have light magic when your true power is to distort memories. Too bad it won't work on me, I have the eyes of the blessed. " Atlas stated as he pointed to his unique red eyes.

Grandy's eyes widened in shock.

"Wow. I did not see that coming from you Atlas. Well too bad for you, since you found out my secret, I'll have to eliminate you." Grandy said with a smirk as she took out her hidden dagger from her bodice and stabbed herself multiple times to Atlas's astonishment.

"What are you...?" Atlas asked but was interrupted by Grandy's ear-piercing scream.

"Help! Somebody Help!" Grandy cried.

Distracted by her scream, Grandy quickly took the dagger and placed it into Atlas's hands, getting blood all over him in the process.

Grandy quickly pretended to pass out while Atlas took a step back in horror but it was too late.

Zander, Leo, and Eric had arrived. They were shocked at what they saw.

It was Leo's younger brother Atlas holding a bloody knife standing over a pale and bloody Grandy.

"How dare you harm our woman!?" Eric roared with fury as he lunged towards Atlas.

Eric punched Atlas in the face and then picked up Grandy to rush to the infirmary.

Crown Prince Zander took a step forward.

"Harming the future Empress is punishable by death. Bring the sinner to the underground prison. We'll hold the execution tomorrow at daybreak. " Crown Prince Zander said with a self-righteous tone.

Before the guards dragged Atlas away, Leo bent down and whispered with disgust, "I'm disappointed in you little brother."

The guards dragged Atlas away but the crowd still heard his shouts and pleas.

___

The next day at daybreak, Zander and Leo walked towards the execution grounds with a large crowd following behind them.

Eric did not attend the execution because he wanted to stay at the infirmary with Grandy to take care and comfort her.

The Crown Prince looked at Atlas who seemed to have aged overnight. His short black hair was disheveled and his red eyes were hazy. Atlas was covered in dirt and grime, his small frail frame seemed even smaller.

The Crown Prince walked towards Atlas. Hearing someone approaching him, Atlas looked up. Atlas met the gaze of the Crown Prince and he quickly held onto his boots.

The Crown Prince tried to escape from his grasps, disgust evident in his ocean blue eyes.

"Please! I was framed!" Atlas shouted as he tried to hold onto the Crown Prince's boots to no avail as the Crown Prince was able to shake off his tight grip.

"How dare you! Are you saying Grandy stabbed herself?! Impossible!" The Crown Prince shouted with anger.

Atlas's eyes glistened with tears as he silently pleaded for the onlookers to help him.

They turned their gazes away from the young man and waited with pounding hearts for him to die.

Atlas's gaze last turned towards Leo and Atlas whispered, "Brother...please...save me." Although it was but a whisper, everyone present heard it.

Leo's expression looked slightly guilty, however, his words contracted his appearance as he shouted, "Kill the sinner!"

With that sudden shout, the crowd began to riot.

"Kill him! Kill him!" The crowd chanted feverously.

Atlas accepted his fate and as his tears began to fall, the guards let down the lever and his head was chopped off by the guillotine.

With that, the Empire of Lomenta was finally got rid of the notorious villain, Atlas Eckhart.

-Expert from "The Holy Saintess Saves the World."