Pledge of Loyalty [3]

I didn't have time to think as the mysterious young man grabbed my arm and dragged me down a large hall.

As we passed by the glass wall, I let out a startled gasp as I saw myself in the reflection.

I was dressed in a similar knight attire as the young man and I appeared to be 10 years old. I had sterling blue eyes and blonde hair. Although my hair and eye color was different and I looked younger, I still looked the exact same as I did in my previous life.

Yes, previous life. I'm a fast thinker and in this short amount of time, I realized I transmigrated into the body of an extra character in the romance novel, "The Holy Saintess Saves the World." I can piece two and two together. When my phone glitched and I chose the option [Yes], I was immediately transported into the book.

The only question was how far along was I in the plot?

I was startled out of my thoughts when the young man pushed open a grand door made of gold.

As we walked in, there were at least 8 other young men dressed the same way: in a knight attire.

I still didn't know what was going on, but I decided to copy what everyone else was doing. Standing straight in a horizontal line.

As I did so, I started to hear whispers from the knights.

"I don't want to be Young Master's knight."

"I know right. He is such a monster with those creepy red eyes." Another knight inputted as he shivered in fear.

Oh? Is the Young Master they are talking about the villain? Did this mean Atlas was coming here to select a personal knight?

If I remember correctly, no one wanted to be his personal knight so he ended up not having one.

In the world of this novel, having a personal knight was extremely important. Without one, you were deemed as a lesser noble and a disgrace to society.

Grandy, the two faced heroine of the novel, was able to have three knights because the three male leads fought for her favor until the King allowed the male leads to all become her knights much to their pleasure.

I clenched my fists into a tight hold.

'Don't worry, Atlas. Things will turn out differently, I promise you.'

A few moments later, a young boy that appeared to be around 8 years old walked into the grand room with his head down. He had long black hair which was unruly and dirty. His long hair covered his red eyes.

However, it could not cover his sunken cheeks due to malnourishment. I frowned seeing the poor state he was in.

My heart ached for the boy.

He slowly walked to the front of the line and curiously peeked up through his long black hair. His eyes widened a fraction as his eyes met my sterling blue orbs before he quickly looked away in fear.

Atlas hands twitched in nervousness.

"Does...does anyone want to be my knight?" Atlas stuttered as he shut his eyes in fear of rejection.

"Ha! Does he really believe we would want to serve him? The cursed child?"

"What a joke!"

"Aww, the monster is crying. Hilarious!" One knight exclaimed as he chuckled.

Atlas's eyelashes quivered and a small tear fell out from his eye as he heard the knights make fun of him.

Atlas felt a cool finger gently wipe his tear away. He hesitantly opened his eyes and his expression was shocked when he saw my face.

"Don't cry. Don't listen to them. Their opinions don't matter." I said gently as I raised both of my hands to embrace him into a hug.

Atlas stiffened. This was probably the first time he ever received a hug. Soon, his body melted into mine and he hugged me back. My hold tightened in his frail body and my eyes hardened.

How could they treat an innocent young boy like this?!? Don't worry Atlas, I'll get revenge for you and pay them back 1000 times the pain they caused you.

I pulled back from the hug and Atlas pouted.

'How adorable.'

"Do you miss my hug that much?" I questioned in a joking manner and he blushed and hesitantly nodded.

I ruffled his hair.

"You are not alone anymore. I will always be there for you, to give you a hug and comfort. So please don't worry Young Master, you have me to protect you." I said as I smiled.

I took a hold of his small and frail hand and I knelt on one knee.

"I, Alistair Casanova, forever pledge my utmost loyalty to you, Young Master Atlas Eckart." I said as I raised his small hand to kiss it.

Atlas's eyes widened in shock and a light pink blush spread across his cheeks. Obviously feeling embarrassed he looked away from me and said stiffly, "I accept you, Sir Alistair, as my personal knight and escort."