2

That night, a half moon hung low in the star-filled sky. Owlpaw and Spottedleaf were waiting for the other medicine cats. So far, she was the only medicine cat apprentice. She didn't know why, but she was.

They were waiting on the edge of theirs and ShadowClan's border, waiting for Runningnose.

Then, like StarClan had granted them a blessing, Runningnose came running from the trees.

"Sorry that I kept you waiting!" Runningnose yowled at her and Spottedleaf. "It's fine!" Owlpaw yelled back. Runningnose halted in front of them. "Now let's go, mouse-brain!" Spottedleaf meowed at Runningnose. "I bet that Mudfur is waiting for us at the old WindClan border."

They all rushed ahead. Owlpaw saw nothing but a blur. She felt the moor's grass beneath her paws, the same feeling she has felt for many moons. Mudfur was waiting ahead, staring at us as if we were a pack of badgers.

"What took you fish-brains so long?" Mudfur let out a purr. "Well, we were waiting for Runningnose to stop his nose from running away from us!" Owlpaw meowed playfully. Everyone let out purrs of amusement.

"Let's go." Spottedleaf stared at Owlpaw, a smile appearing on her face.

They all padded through the moor towards Highstones, where Mothermouth stood. They all went inside, the darkness surrounding them.

The four walked around blind in the narrow tunnel. Then, in front of them, stood a crystal that stood up to the roof of the cave, showered with moonlight.

They all padded up to it. Owlpaw has always admired the Moonstone. It felt so familiar to her.

"Are you ready?" Spottedleaf asked her. Owlpaw was puzzled. "Yes?"

"Then I, medicine cat of Thunderclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help, she will serve her Clan for many moons. Owlpaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?" Owlpaw's heart pounded fast. It's happening! She stood up straight and looked Spottedleaf in the eye.

"I do."

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your true name as a medicine cat. Owlpaw, from this moment you will be known as Owlwing. Starclan honors your bravery and your intelligence, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of ThunderClan." Spottedleaf finished her sentence and stared at her. Owlwing was bubbling with excitement. Mudfur and Runningnose started chanting 'Owlwing!', and then Spottedleaf joined in.

After that they all settled down by the Moonstone, Spottedleaf settling beside her. Owlwing looked at Spottedleaf, seeing that she was already touching the Moonstone, so she did the same thing.

Everything was dark, then she saw two cats standing in front of her. She got up. She was in the same place she was last time. She stared at the two cats, her gaze trailing from one cat to the other. One was a black tom with dark eyes, the other was a blueish-gray she-cat with a long tail.

"Who are you?" Owlwing asked the two.

"I'm sorry for being rude, but congratulations for becoming a full medicine cat!" The gray she-cat was loud. "Shut up!" The tom was even louder. "Anyways.." he turned back to Owlwing. "My name is Dancing Shadow, and this," he pointed his tail to the she-cat, "this is Shattered Sky."

"So, why am I here?.." Owlwing asked again. She twitched her ears, which were still ringing.

"We have come to warn you," Shattered Sky spoke. "We have come to warn you.. do not leave the Gathering in a half moon."