3

Everyone was gathering around the nursery and the medicine den. She wanted to know why everyone was there first. As she shifted her way over there, she couldn't believe her eyes.

There she saw Spottedleaf, dead. She let out a startled cry of shock and despair. She sighed and saw Firepaw walk up to Spottedleaf. Owlwing then went to the nursery. She then perceived that she hasn't heard Yellowfang the whole time she's been there, Owlwing hadn't even seen her.

As she arrived, she saw Frostfur. She looked scared. The other queens were trying to calm her down. Apparently, it was her who screamed, because she didn't see any of her kits in the nursery.

She realized there was a hole in the corner of the nursery. She went over to it and sniffed it carefully, trying to identify the scent. Shadowclan scent. Owlwing had recognized the scent from Runningnose.

Then she halted in her tracks, now blinded with suspension and confusion. Why does something feel off? Owlwing wondered as she ran out and went back to Spottedleaf's body. She sniffed it cautiously, starting to tremble with realization. The same scent was on her corpse. Who would be so cruel to steal kits and kill Spottedleaf?

"Hey, where's Yellowfang?" Owlwing asked Firepaw, her voice a bit demanding. Owlwing was snarling under her breath, blinded by fury. "I don't know," He paused. "It might have been her!" Firepaw shouted. "I did find a hole in the nursery," Owlwing stated, her tail flicking. "Maybe Yellowfang killed Spottedleaf and stole the kits?"

"I would assume," Firepaw agreed. His green eyes were drowning in grief by Spottedleaf's death, and his voice was heavy with unmistakable sorrow. "Anyway, I'm going to go get Graypaw, we're taking Ravenpaw to Barley's barn." He started padding away, when Owlwing stopped him. "Wait, why?" She asked him, already knowing the answer.

"Apparently, Ravenpaw saw his mentor, Tigerclaw, do something," Firepaw stared deep into Owlwing's eyes, his eyes dark.

"Well, what is it?" Owlwing questioned, pretending not to know.

"Ravenpaw saw Tigerclaw kill Redtail." Firepaw spoke in a low voice, trying to be quiet. "And also, Longtail, Tigerclaw, and Darkstripe believe that Ravenpaw betrayed ThunderClan. They want to get rid of him."

Owlwing let out a gasp of pretend surprise, but Firepaw flicked his tail over her mouth to keep her quiet.

After a moment, he took his tail off of her mouth. "Well," she started. "Can I come?"

"I mean, sure. But.." Firepaw stopped.

"You guys are going to need a medicine cat!" Owlwing proceeded to talk. "Besides, I can help you guys get to Barley's."

"Alright, fine. Let me get them first." Firepaw strolled away, sounding a bit unsure. Owlwing sat there for a moment, waiting for him to return. Firepaw then returned with Graypaw and Ravenpaw beside him. "Let's go give Ravenpaw to Barley, and then we'll track down Yellowfang." Firepaw had planned it out.

"Sounds like a plan." Graypaw meowed sarcastically. "Let me see you make one." Firepaw spat at him. "Never mind." Graypaw looked away from him.

"Let's just go," Owlwing scolded as she started sneaking towards the entrance, the others close behind her.

But before they could get to it, they heard Tigerclaw's voice behind them.

"You four! Where are you going?"

Owlwing stopped and looked behind her, her heart pounding in her chest. She could see that the other three were worried too.

She then spotted Bluestar striding towards them, a frown on her face. When she reached them, her expression changed, her face clearing.